Age is catching up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkteoh

Sep 23, 2009
3973889269_30bd909f32.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
- I would like comments on the composition, colour, and exposure.

2. What do I hope to achieve with the piece of work?
- I would like to show the lack of maintenance in an old bus stop.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- I was waiting for a bus at the ancient bus stop and intrigued by the pattern created by the peeling paint. The pattern is cut right in the middle by the fluorescent light and its wire.

4.What do I personally thinks of the picture
- I think it is not too complicated (as in not too many objects and in terms of colour variation) yet quite complicated (pattern of the peeled paint) at the same time. Personally this is one of my pictures that I like. That being said, I feel that it is a bit unbalanced since the upper half of peel zone exhibits more shadow/contrast/depth compared to the lower half. I'm also a bit undecided as to the angle which the light and the wire should be oriented. Looking at it now, I think it might be more dramatic if the light and wire slice through the picture diagonally. :dunno:

(Close eyes) Fire, don't hold back!

Last edited:
Bump! Didn't notice top half of the post was missing!!

I really like it. I really like abstract photos like this one in general, I think.

It's not the most complex of photos, no, but it just plain looks good.

Like this. caught my attention and spent some time thinking about it. :) thought of trying this at night when the light is on? Maybe can create another feel ?

Works for me, line + top and bottom balanced yet slightly different.
Keep up the good work. :)

Nice one, I'll remember to keep my eyes upwards in busstops from now on xD hopefully i dont miss my bus too much -.-
incidentally, i wonder how it would look if you took this picture at different times of the day, with the sun casting different shadows... might be an interesting series :)

Quality of light is something I took note of just recently. Chances are a bit slim that I'll be back there since it's in Ipoh, Perak and I still have yet to explore many other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.