- Sep 23, 2009
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
- I would like comments on the composition, colour, and exposure.
2. What do I hope to achieve with the piece of work?
- I would like to show the lack of maintenance in an old bus stop.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- I was waiting for a bus at the ancient bus stop and intrigued by the pattern created by the peeling paint. The pattern is cut right in the middle by the fluorescent light and its wire.
4.What do I personally thinks of the picture
- I think it is not too complicated (as in not too many objects and in terms of colour variation) yet quite complicated (pattern of the peeled paint) at the same time. Personally this is one of my pictures that I like. That being said, I feel that it is a bit unbalanced since the upper half of peel zone exhibits more shadow/contrast/depth compared to the lower half. I'm also a bit undecided as to the angle which the light and the wire should be oriented. Looking at it now, I think it might be more dramatic if the light and wire slice through the picture diagonally. :dunno:
(Close eyes) Fire, don't hold back!