AG184 outing - Sat 2 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blur Shadow

Sep 17, 2005
Background
"AG" means "Anything Goes", as in your gear, your media does not matter. What matters is that we all have a good time, making new friends, and making nice pictures. At every AG outing, there'll be chance for all to share and to learn about composing and seeing. And you get to learn about the places we go to.

The series is original, outings to promote friendship and photography but minus the equipment comparisons. The one thing that sets us apart is our intimate knowledge of Singapore and the places we go to, it's heritage, it's stories. Started in May 2003 and with 130 outings, the AG series has been a prime model for others to emulate and imitate, even down to the text/captions used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Saturday, 2nd September
Time : 5.30pm to meet up. Boat ride is about 45 minutes

#184 - River/Bay Cruise
I'll be limiting the group to around 8 pax so as not to overcrowd. Anyone is welcome to join us and learn, film or digital, P&S or DSLR does not matter.

We will be meeting somewhere along the Singapore River. You can expect to travel upriver, down Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, shoot bridges from below, see the Esplanade and the Merlion. As this will involve a fair amount of logistics, please be patient with the details and the arrangements.

Those keen to go, please PM me your name (not nick) and contact number/email so that we can keep in touch. Having a HP number also means we can contact each other should inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances stall the outing. I will only reply to complete PMs. Registration closes by Saturday, 26 August 2359hrs. In the event of more sign-ups than places, seats will be assigned by ballot, and successful members will be PMed to arrange for advance payment of the ride (at $16/pax). Details will only be sent to you via email once payment is received.

Folks who sign up, please make a point to be punctual or early. There will be no waiting for latecomers and rubber-timers.

Thank you for your interest.

This is the outing to sign up for!
It takes a lot of pre-planning to get it set up, for tides, arrangement, boatman, customisation, etc. And its definitely worth the time and the money. The normal rides are only 25 minutes in duration and you get to do a lot less. Imagine - you get to go quite close to the Merlion, from the SEAWARD SIDE!!!

:gbounce: for Blur Shadow.

Been hearing about this outing for sometimes liao.. Hope to finally see blur shadow..:p I have done the necessary.. upz for Azure and Blur Shadow..:thumbsup:

Azure said:
This is the outing to sign up for!
It takes a lot of pre-planning to get it set up, for tides, arrangement, boatman, customisation, etc. And its definitely worth the time and the money. The normal rides are only 25 minutes in duration and you get to do a lot less. Imagine - you get to go quite close to the Merlion, from the SEAWARD SIDE!!!

:gbounce: for Blur Shadow.

aaron80 said:
Been hearing about this outing for sometimes liao.. Hope to finally see blur shadow..:p I have done the necessary.. upz for Azure and Blur Shadow..:thumbsup:
Haha. Hope you'll enjoy it. The organiser is very knowledgeable w.r.t. the facts about the Singapore River, too, he knows more than I do.
Plus, here you have an award-winning organiser. #grinz#

Thanks to Azure and aaron80 for the kind comments, although modesty forbids me to acknowledge most of them!

Ha. Yeah. Well, there's quite a few people who have signed up already. To all who are interested, please register now!

Thanks to all who signed up. You'll be receiving PMs from me when registration closed with regards to details of this outing.

To all who are still interested, there's still space! (Although there isn't many left!)

:gbounce:
Up for Blur Shadow & Azure

Thanks Grumpy!

Teaser for this outing:

An up close and personal encounter with the merlion
IMG_1390e.jpg

Taken using a prosumer camera. ;)

:Gbounce:

Actually, Lefei, when you went on the ride during the second round of this series of outings, it wasn't close enough. Now our regular boatman will take us also next to the spray! So do bring the raincoat. ...joking... But we do go very very close. I was told that one particular ride went close enough to say "hi" to the tourists/photogs on the steps by the Merlion.

Anyway, this one will be better, since the Merlion has taken its bath is will be clean. :bsmilie:

The day is nearing!

:thumbsup: for Blur Shadow.

For those queries that have come to me or to Blur Shadow recently -

The "Licensed" AG outings are only given to individuals who've proven themselves with a passion and ability to lead AG Outings. These individuals, Blur Shadow being one of them, are very few. But they get to choose from a range of locales and run the outings independently. Of course I shall also be there during most of these outings, as a bonus for the participants who may have queries about shooting/composition/etc, but I'll go primarily to shoot.

They who run the licensed AGs have to demonstrate superior knowledge of the locations they go to, and must know their locations as well as I do. You can be assured that these non-Azure, Licensed AG Outings are benchmarked at the same high standards as those I lead. You won't get anything less!

Thank you BlurShadow for organising the trip!
Had fun during the outing and have learnt alot from the pros like Azure and Aaron80!
Looking forward for the next AG outing!

Ok, this was the closest i could get to the Merlion today ...

IMG_9640.jpg

And some other newbie shots ...

IMG_9570.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg

IMG_9686.jpg

I enjoyed myself during the outing/cruise too..:) Thanks to Blur Shadow for organising the trip! You got some nice pics there Jayson.. I will try to post up some of mine soon.. Haha I am not pro lah..:embrass: Azure and Blur Shadow are the pros.. I jus another newbie trying to learn more..:bsmilie:

Jayson_Ang said:
Thank you BlurShadow for organising the trip!
Had fun during the outing and have learnt alot from the pros like Azure and Aaron80!
Looking forward for the next AG outing!

Hey guys! The thing about AG outings is fun, learning and sharing, and I'm just glad that you got them all from my "Licenced" AG outing!

And hey, I'm no pro!

Blur Shadow said:
Hey guys! The thing about AG outings is fun, learning and sharing, and I'm just glad that you got them all from my "Licenced" AG outing!

And hey, I'm no pro!

Kudos to the sypa award winning organiser!!! :p

Hi guys

Sorry for the late reply. Been very tied up with work b4 my trip to Syd this Friday. I have a few nice pics but am wondering what do you normally do to your photos, other than cropping, after downloading them to your comp?

Frds recommend me to play with Picasa and PS. Anyway websites that I can learn?

l00khere said:
Hi guys

Sorry for the late reply. Been very tied up with work b4 my trip to Syd this Friday. I have a few nice pics but am wondering what do you normally do to your photos, other than cropping, after downloading them to your comp?

Frds recommend me to play with Picasa and PS. Anyway websites that I can learn?

For me, I usually just keep my pictures. I do very little post-processing because I believe in getting my shots right. As for software, take your pick, and then slowly discover the functionality behind the tools. Software and cameras are but tools IMO, though you may find folks who'd have you believe that technology can solve everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.