AG 158 outing - Sat 20 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blur Shadow

Sep 17, 2005
Background
"AG" means "Anything Goes", as in your gear, your media does not matter. What matters is that we all have a good time, making new friends, and making nice pictures. At every AG outing, there'll be chance for all to share and to learn about composing and seeing. And you get to learn about the places we go to.

The series is original, outings to promote friendship and photography but minus the equipment comparisons. The one thing that sets us apart is our intimate knowledge of Singapore and the places we go to, it's heritage, it's stories. Started in May 2003 and with 130 outings, the AG series has been a prime model for others to emulate and imitate, even down to the text/captions used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Saturday, 20th May
Time : 5.30pm to meet up. Boat ride is about 45 minutes

#158 - River/Bay Cruise
I'll be limiting the group to around 8 pax so as not to overcrowd. Anyone is welcome to join us and learn, film or digital, P&S or DSLR does not matter.

We will be meeting somewhere along the Singapore River. You can expect to travel upriver, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, shoot bridges from below, see the Esplandade, the Merlion and Clifford Pier. As this will involve a fair amount of logistics, please be patient with the details and the arrangements.

Those keen to go, please PM me your name (not nick) and contact number/email so that we can keep in touch. Having a HP number also means we can contact each other should inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances stall the outing. Will reply only to complete PMs. Registration closes by Thu, 11 May 2359hrs. In the event of more sign-ups than places, seats will be assigned by ballot, and successful members will be PMed to arrange for advance payment of the ride (at $15/pax). Details will only be sent to you via email once payment is received.

Folks who sign up, please make a point to be punctual or early. No waiting for latecomers and rubber-timers.

Thank you for your interest.

Aha I see that you're doing the outing already.

For those who are unsure, I've checked the tidal conditions, the time for this outing is almost exactly the same conditions as before, the best hour for water along the river and with the evening sky, simply gorgeous for shooting. And the guide for this outing is one superb, enthusiastic young chap with knowledge (of the route) + speaking skills that can put me in early retirement.

Upz for you, Blur Shadow! :thumbsup:

Thank you Andy and Azure. Yup. It is going to be an enjoyable outing, I assure you. Keep those PMs coming!

upz for u blur shadow..:thumbsup: A pity I cant join in coz its on Saturday..:( My partner dun let me off on Saturday. My only off-day is Sunday..

Hey! Thanks Aaron! A pity indeed! I do hope to see you some other time then.

All applicants, please do remember to PM me your name (not nick) and contact number/email. Otherwise, I'd have to disregard your incomplete application. Thanks.

Last call!

Upz for Blur Shadow.

The photo opportunities for this particular is tremendous. And some of the angles cannot be obtained otherwise. Don't miss this last chance.

5117.jpg

5107.jpg

PMs have all been sent out.

Please not that there will be no refunds should you not turn up that day, miss the boat, etc.

There is only one condition in which all participates are entitled to a refund. That is when the river cruise is cancelled by me. In such an instant, all participates will be entitled to a complete refund.

Therefore, a reminder to all participants once again. Please do not be late. The boat will leave promptly.

Well, I hope to see all of you! Looking forward to a fun-filled ride!

I'm gonna be arriving in SG on 20th morning. I'll try to join this. I'm desperate to shoot stuff in SG.

Hey Sunman. I'm really touched by your enthusiasm in joining my outing, especially to come over immediately upon touchdown.

Regrettably, all the slots have already been filled up. Perhaps the other AG outings may be of interest to you? AG outings are a fun way of exploring Singapore, and you will certainly not be disappointed joining any.

Well, it's over, and I hope all the participants had fun today. I certainly did! See ya all next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.