After saga from Japan Fiesta @ Orchard Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
Ok I continue my complain here since someone feels that i should not complain in that thread :bsmilie:

Anyway got this photo from one of the bros here shooting the performance from another angle, guess he also spotted this guy i am talking about.

vii4q0.jpg

I am the guy in blue arrow, the stupid guy in red arrow.

Look at what he is doing? Trying to shoot on his DSLR and taking video on his PnS mounted on a tripod. I was at the spot first then he just suddenly come in and parked right in front of me without any courtesy.

When he shoots using his DSLR, his hand blocked me. When he take video with his PnS, his head blocked me! Argggh! Stupid fella

Last edited:
Whats the point of getting upset by this kind of person and spoil your mood of this shoot ? I'm sure he is not the 1st , and will not be the last shooter without ethics at such events.

Since you decided not to speak up when he is within earshot of you, I guess there's really no point in posting here or stomping him. A simple , " Excuse me, all the people behind you have been queueing here for the past XX hrs, on a 1st come 1st serve basis. What you had just done is the same as cutting queue. I suggest you move to behind, before someone within this crowd turn this into a ugly situation.. and say it loud , let people around him stare at him..." may make him move away.. If he is really thick skin enough to stay on.. just screw up his shots :bsmilie::bsmilie: ... and you can always raise this incident with the Sony community, which i heard is a community that is quite close to each other.

Whats the point of getting upset by this kind of person and spoil your mood of this shoot ? I'm sure he is not the 1st , and will not be the last shooter without ethics at such events.

Since you decided not to speak up when he is within earshot of you, I guess there's really no point in posting here or stomping him. A simple , " Excuse me, all the people behind you have been queueing here for the past XX hrs, on a 1st come 1st serve basis. What you had just done is the same as cutting queue. I suggest you move to behind, before someone within this crowd turn this into a ugly situation.. and say it loud , let people around him stare at him..." may make him move away.. If he is really thick skin enough to stay on.. just screw up his shots :bsmilie::bsmilie: ... and you can always raise this incident with the Sony community, which i heard is a community that is quite close to each other.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not particularly aiming at Sony users however the bunch of rude people on Saturday we met are using Sony. I don't see them today at all at OC. :bsmilie: Today is much more better and it weird that, that bunch of rude people (from Saturday) are not around today.

his tripod looks flimsy. give it a nice kick, and all comes falling down.

this is why u shld invest in good tripods.
and next tiem just yell at that guy tell him ur from step ladder gang. if he dun give way, u use his tripod as ur stepladder.

just snap the tripod back into its carrying position, and snap the release lever to send the whole camera tumbling down ;p

do note that joker's camera flash position. its intended to blind TS's eyes once mounted.

his tripod looks flimsy. give it a nice kick, and all comes falling down.

this is why u shld invest in good tripods.
and next tiem just yell at that guy tell him ur from step ladder gang. if he dun give way, u use his tripod as ur stepladder.

It looks like those free freebies tripod ...

do note that joker's camera flash position. its intended to blind TS's eyes once mounted.
That's legendary "Reverse Bounce" technique (with no wall behind, but people's face)... :thumbsup:

Bro, you are very near to his tripod. You could have just stretch out your legs a little bit :)

Since you decided not to speak up when he is within earshot of you, I guess there's really no point in posting here or stomping him. A simple , " Excuse me, all the people behind you have been queueing here for the past XX hrs, on a 1st come 1st serve basis. What you had just done is the same as cutting queue.

good one!!

To TS, stop whining here if you didnt pick up your ba&*s and shoo him away. You are no different from him if you act like this in here.

good one!!

To TS, stop whining here if you didnt pick up your ba&*s and shoo him away. You are no different from him if you act like this in here.

i am not whining. its already over. i am merely just posting here for the sake of posting only. :)

i still managed to get a few good shots i want luckily.

i went to check out the Japan Fiesta yesterday to look and show some support to the cosplayers... taking pictures are not my primary objective... imho... the cosplayers are not bad... and for the photographers... what i urge is...
1. Practise some sort of courtesy and communication if you are going to cut infront of other photographers... this will go a long way and can make you a better photographer...
2. Show more support to the cosplayers by clapping and cheering... i see many of the photographers too busy shooting and taking pictures... there was very little cheering and applaud for the cosplayers on stage, once the cosplayers finish with their performance, most of the photographers will be busy checking on their pictures instead... it's a common trend i see nowadays...

hmm go up.. best is to say hi and talk to the cosplayer and then shoot up front.. and block everyone else =D *ready to get blasted by everyone else* :bsmilie:

2. Show more support to the cosplayers by clapping and cheering... i see many of the photographers too busy shooting and taking pictures... there was very little cheering and applaud for the cosplayers on stage, once the cosplayers finish with their performance, most of the photographers will be busy checking on their pictures instead... it's a common trend i see nowadays...

i am guilty of this :sweat:

Perhaps there are some who strive to become a professional photographer (or at least achieve a certain level of competence in photography); but however in the quest of their journey, they conveniently forget to be graceful in their actions. IMO the only thing they have successfully achieved is becoming a pathetic loser. So what if the images from the camera turn out to be sharp and correctly exposed? They have already lost much and missed the whole point entirely.

Last edited:
well. real professionals are graceful and they have a set of protocols to follow...

walao edit until machiam a couple smooching in the background.

dun understand...why mount a PnS camera on a tripod to shoot while he has a dslr?

Status
Not open for further replies.