After PP in photoshop needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

limdj

Jan 12, 2008
Hi all, i had this problem which i cant find a solution yet because my friend told me that the colors she saw on her computer looks dull on the pics i took.

3896537335_6e87faea30_o.jpg

This was the pic. my original that she saw was the right side. In the web, it looked very dull. But when i view it with Windows Photo Gallery, it looked just like the one on the left. So which kind of editing of COLORS shud i go? based on the final output viewed from the Windows Photo Gallery or from web? I see other ppl uploaded very vibrant colors.

Or does it means that i gotta do 2 versions, one for uploading into web and another version for myself to print/view in laptop itself. I thought i could make wadever appears on web little close to wadever i print (i know have to calibrate printer etc etc) or even view in Windows Photo Gallery so that wadever photos i edit, i only need to do 1 only version of it. The left pic would loook too over saturated if viewed from Windows Photo Gallery now, but it looks fine on web. None of u had this problem?

My monitor was calibrated with Spyder pro 3 (wadever).

Last edited:
Does it means that if i calibrated my Monitor using a spyder, it is also best to proof the colors in photoshop to monitor RGB? Instead of using Windows RGB? Because i think tht it is more logical to proof to monitor since i had calibrated it. Anyone can help?

you'd have to convert and save your pics in sRGB profile if you want normal 'stupid' browsers to view them correctly.

From what I understand, if you have embedded a colour space other than sRGB colour space into the JPEG picture, there will be colour mismatch when viewing in Microsoft Window Picture & Fax Viewer as it is not colour space aware application and handles all images with asumption of sRGB colour space. :)

Just tried in both IE 6 and FF 3... the right pic look fine to me on both browsers, and the left pic seems over-saturated

Good thing I saw this thread 'coz i'm also encountering the same problem.

I'm shooting RAW and use Photoshop to do PP. then I would save it as JPG using the dropdown menu in the Save As window.

Where can I find the sRGB selection? or how to convert to sRGB profile?

Hi all thank you for the help and advice, however my color space is already in sRGB, that's why im very confused. it appeared good in my photoshop and Windows Photo Gallery. It only appears very dull and all the vibrance removed when i uploaded in anywhere on the web.

That is why im thinking if, that was the normal case for ppl to do 2 versions, 1 for web uploading and 1 for viewing(Windows Photo Gallery) on own computer. I see ppl uploading beautiful colors and i view it perfectly alright. Only when my own pics were uploaded, they became dull..Is it normal for u guys to do 2 versions?

Thats the confusing part because i shoot in sRGB, i edit in photoshop with colorspace sRGB, it looked good in photoshop and windows except Web. I calibrated with sypder. I done PP without setting and color proof. Or am i doing all wrong in the first place? Anyone encountered this problem before? I see others having vibrance colored pics uploaded with no problem. I don get wads wrong with mine?, once uplaoded, always dull

Good thing I saw this thread 'coz i'm also encountering the same problem.

I'm shooting RAW and use Photoshop to do PP. then I would save it as JPG using the dropdown menu in the Save As window.

Where can I find the sRGB selection? or how to convert to sRGB profile?

Bro,
I having same problem like you. I shoot in RAW and PP in photoshop, colour look nice. But after save it as JPEG, the colour become dull. I do calibrate my LCD with Spider.

I cant find any solution for this. Hope someone at here can Help us.

Under save for web, try check and uncheck Convert to sRGB, see if there is any difference. :)

3899996222_22262dd436.jpg

Hi,

You need to check 2 things.

1. Check what profile you are assigning in camera, whether you are assigning ADOBE RGB or sRGB.
2. In PS, you can check your setting under EDIT>COLOR SETTINGS. Under COLOR MANAGEMENT POLICIES, look to see what you have selected for RGB. If you shoot Adobe RGB (in Camera) and your working space is sRGB (in PS), then if you select PRESERVE EMBEDDED PROFILE, it will remain as Adobe RGB even though your working space is sRGB. In that case, select COVERT TO WORKING RGB.

hope this helps.
Squall

what is the different between Adobe RGB and sRGB? it that mean working space is sRGB and save photo in sRGB, so the colour will no different?

Actually I like the colors on the right. The left side one look oversaturated on my screen. The one on the right is just right.

To all the ppl who provides advice and solutions here. Thank you very much. I will try it out and hope it works well. THank u thank u

Hey guys. I dono if im wrong. Im using a spyder and thought to have correct calibration. But whn checked my computer's gama on QuickGama.exe (Software from monitor calibration website), it shows my gama for the colors quite off...

Red: 1.83
Green: 2.78
Blue: 1.61

Instead of all close to 2.2.
ahhh....im more confused now... y is spyder giving me such settings?

what i see on the right side is correct left is off!

oh hi... right is correct?... for right one, is the skin tone dull ? and bluish to u? or is it vibrant orangy/pinkish

Status
Not open for further replies.