After delete files from recycle bin ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
Can I still retrieve it or something ?
damn .. looks like I del something away ..

:confused:

Yup... u can try recovering from the place where the original file was kept.

simon80 said:
Can I still retrieve it or something ?
damn .. looks like I del something away ..

:confused:
Don't save anything from that moment on......or else it may overwrite the area where your info is, this is what I understood from another posting here with a similar problem (and from what I remember from using DOS decades ago). When you delete it just deletes the location info.the real data is still there till you overwrite it........get some help from a PC shop to retrieve the data you need. Good luck!

HS

err empty recycle bin? do you softwares like norton unerase? otherwise, i think you'll have to use file recovery softwares.

okie .. I del some files from folder 1, 2 and 3
and empty the whole bin.

so how do i retrieve from the original folder?

espn said:
Yup... u can try recovering from the place where the original file was kept.

wat do i need or do ?

just don't write more files/data into that particular drive (eg. D:\).

Either u purcahse a file recovery program or u seek professional halp.

Norton Unerase or another file recovery utility, Do not save anything, just in case the files are overwritten, then it is game over.

ok tks
will ask my friend for help :sweat:

simon80 said:
wat do i need or do ?

U can get some of those utility(norton unerase , finalrecovery etc) to unerase the files

File earse is usaually written by a E5h on the first character of the filename, thereby mark as "erase". The data on the cluster are therefore left there, untouch until some program (or the OS itself etc defragment HD) overwrite it..

I will usually get a hex disk editor and retrieve the appriprate clusters, n see if the contents still means anything to me. Either that i will use a self written tool to retrieve the files. If you are lucky (the clusters are not overwritten), you can turn off the E5h hex byte on the file n it should be all right (no assurance though) :sweat:

Gd luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.