After calibration, monitor looks warmer. Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3lv1nh0

Sep 24, 2007
Serangoon North
Hi Guys,

Just got a Spyder3Pro and went about to calibrate my 19" Viewsonic LCD monitor. Was using sRGB color mode all the while. After calibrating, the colours is now on the warm side and it looks yellowish. I kinda prefer the old colors which is brighter and less yellowish. Is it normal because my eyes is too used to the old settings?

Thanks

Normal LCD monitors are default adjusted to cooler colors without color management to cater to the masses. It's normal :)

hm.. maybe not because it looks warmer, but ur monitor b4 u calibrate is cooler den the actual colours. my macbook by default gave horrible colours but after calibration things look better.

what daylight color temperature did you select? my guess is around 6500K and previously your was set much higher...maybe 9000K, so you were more used to a cooler white. leave it the setting as is for a few days. your eyes will adjust to the new white color temperature.

wah. spyder3pro. u are the pro liao. :)

its normal to get a warmer screen. i using the same monitor as u. after awhile u will get used to it. the problem is clients who view the pics on normal screens might not like it. that was the problem i faced.

its normal to get a warmer screen. i using the same monitor as u. after awhile u will get used to it. the problem is clients who view the pics on normal screens might not like it. that was the problem i faced.

i so absolutely agree with you.
i do all my pics on my calibrated apple displays.
when i show them on office computer, the color was all off.

sometimes i wonder if it's better to work on calibrated or uncalibrated monitors since most people do not calibrate their monitors.

sometimes i wonder if it's better to work on calibrated or uncalibrated monitors since most people do not calibrate their monitors.

if you shoot commercially most of the time, then will be fine since the designers will have their screens calibrated. i shoot for laymen so ... :dunno:

if you shoot commercially most of the time, then will be fine since the designers will have their screens calibrated. i shoot for laymen so ... :dunno:

i shoot for friends who has zero knowledge on color management.

So how huh? so now when I see my pics all seems to be yellowish, should I adjust them to look normal again by changng the curves? is this what I should do? :dunno:

So how huh? so now when I see my pics all seems to be yellowish, should I adjust them to look normal again by changng the curves? is this what I should do? :dunno:

your decision lor...if you shooting commercially then take note of the above comments. if you shoot for yourself maybe can leave it as calibrated. you will get used to the yellowish tint in a few days. if your friends complain...just tell them that's cos their screens are not calibrated.

same here, just got my screen calibrated yesterday, indeed initially unable to get accustomed to the yellowish/orange tinge of the monitor, now it seem to look 'ok' to me liao

I bring my spyder to the office and calibrate my office monitor :)

Ok, so my monitor is calibrated, I do my editing in Photoshop set to sRGB mode and save the images as sRGB mode too. So can I assume that when I post them on the web, they will look the same to others with calibrated monitors too? Can I also assume that when I print the pictures out from shops that do not adjust the colors, the photos will look the same from what I see on my monitor?

Thanks in advance.

i got the same experience too while using the Huey monitor calibrator on my LCD. the colors are warm. can't get use to it. so eventually, i removed it ;p

i got the same experience too while using the Huey monitor calibrator on my LCD. the colors are warm. can't get use to it. so eventually, i removed it ;p

Think I can start to sell my Spyder in the B&S liao..

Tell them their screen is wrong, when they print it out it will look like what you get on your screen.. ;p

Huey is terrible.. it gives a pink cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.