AFS or VR ?????? Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkef

Nov 8, 2004
in the north, Yishun
Hi there all,

GOT a BIG Christmas decision to make... ;)

WHich is better???? The earlier AFS or the VR???? :dunno:

Price difference only about $300. :think:

Can get the AFS for $2500 or the VR for $2,880 here!!!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

VR....willing to pay so much for the few pieces of glass :bsmilie: why bother abt the $300? just get the VR....better resale value too...tsk tsk

Solution's very simple.

GET BOTH!!! :devil:

kegler said:
VR....willing to pay so much for the few pieces of glass :bsmilie: why bother abt the $300? just get the VR....better resale value too...tsk tsk

HI kegler, :D

Yeah, that was what I was thinking but I feel that the AFS is a much better lens. The VR is more prone to flare, maybe with the 22(?) elements. :dunno:

And espn, would you get both??? :nono:
I rather get a 80-400 VR and one of there instead of getting both if I had the money.

CHeers! :thumbsup:

i get the AFS instead..dun like VR..$300 buy things for ur family ?

CYRN :kok:

Frankly, if I could I would get both, but too bad I have no use for the range that these lenses provide thus I'm not getting :)

kex said:
i get the AFS instead..dun like VR..$300 buy things for ur family ?

Thanks kex for your opinion.

Also espn, what is your ideal range. Is it bcos you are on a digital platform???

cheers all! Merry Christmas!!! :bsmilie: HO! HO! HO!

koolkef said:
Yeah, that was what I was thinking but I feel that the AFS is a much better lens. The VR is more prone to flare, maybe with the 22(?) elements. :dunno:

VR prone to flare?

AJ23 said:
VR prone to flare?

That was a report i read with both lenses pointed at the same direction and the VR had flare in them.

Also, with the added electronics, the lens would be more fragile I would presume but that is a minor point else would just have gotten the 2 touch instead.

can try go for 2nd hand earlier AFS..maybe slightly cheaper ..

HI there usedr111,

It is cheaper but with the motor inside the lens. You can never tell its previous history and once it damages, it's a $500 bill.

That got me thinking.....

Status
Not open for further replies.