Afs 70-200 Vr

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikonwebsite said:
To make the finest lens elements, you must begin with the finest optical glass. To ensure this, Nikon does what few makers can - it manufactures the glass for nearly all Nikkor lenses in its own glassworks.

... Not always?

VR is Vibration Reduction. By the way, is this really useful? I was told that unless you shoot birds or fast moving objects (your model trying to run away), its still the best to not move at all. Does it make a difference in fashion shows and stage plays to have or not have VRs? I feel that the price is too expensive it should be justified by the purpose.

You don't need moulded glass for $1xx type glasses what.. :blah:

The price of the 70-200VR is definitely worth every dollar for what it can produce. If you can't justify the purchase, you definitely of course would find it expensive.

VR doesn't freeze subjects of course, it only stablises your handshake(s). For Fashion Shows where flash is possibly and very likely allowed, VR might not be useful, but the range would.

For stage plays whereby some times flash is prohibited, you'd appreciate the glass for having VR whereby your shutter can go 3 stops lower. That's a lot of help.

espn said:
For stage plays whereby some times flash is prohibited, you'd appreciate the glass for having VR whereby your shutter can go 3 stops lower. That's a lot of help.

a simple example...
try shooting @200mm with shutter speed of 1/30.(handheld)
wat will u get???

Thanks espn

I dunnoe, cos shuttle doesn't go at 1/30s?

postpics.gif

espn said:
You don't need moulded glass for $1xx type glasses what.. :blah:

The price of the 70-200VR is definitely worth every dollar for what it can produce. If you can't justify the purchase, you definitely of course would find it expensive.

VR doesn't freeze subjects of course, it only stablises your handshake(s). For Fashion Shows where flash is possibly and very likely allowed, VR might not be useful, but the range would.

Yeah... I'm drooling between it and 70-210mm no VR... how many maggi mee lunch & dinner does it take? So far I only saw Panasonic FX7 "VR" in action and its already impressive... still this lens is $2K-3K, it means I can die of MSG poisoning.

Panasonic FX7 vs 70-200VR, no need to compare, 70-200VR wins by far, lots lots far.

MSG poisoning is better then chlorophyll posioning... I doing MO for grass, PM me if you're interested.

357.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.