African safari - Masai Mara and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

syl

Nov 1, 2005
Singapore
I am planning a photography trip to Kenya - namely, Samburu (3 days), Nakuru (2 days) and Masai Mara (9 days). I am only looking for 2 more persons to make up a total party of 4 persons.

The likely itinerary will be as follows:

Day 1 - 22 August 2008: Arrive in Nairobi

Day 2 - Morning flight Nairobi to Samburu. (3 nights)

Days 3 to 5 - Two full days in Samburu NP

Day 6 - Fly Samburu to Nakuru (2 nights)

Day 7 - One full day in Nakuru NP

Day 8 - Fly Nakuru to Masai Mara (9 nights)

Days 9 to 16 - 8 full days in Masai Mara NP

Day 17 - 7 September - Morning game drive and afternoon flight to Nairobi. Then flight to Singapore

Cost - The cost of the safari package (inclusive of accomodation and meals) is budgeted at US4,000 - 4,500 plus tips (about US$25 per person for the guide and US$10 for the service staff). Airfare from SGP is in the region of S$2,000.

What to see:

This period has been chosen as it is in the midst of the wilderbeest migration season. As with wildlife nothing is certain but what you can expect will be the magnificent animals such as lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, dik-diks, elands, gazelles, gerenuks, gnu, oryx, topi, and waterbuck, hyena, hyrax, fox, jackal, mongoose, warthogs, and wild dogs. And oh yes, birds - millions of them - the pink flamingos.

Transport:

Depending on time, perhaps an internal flight to get to and from Samburu. Rest of the time, 4 wheel drive with no more than 2 passengers per vehicle.

Other comments:

This will not be a cheap trip but one a nature photographer will never forget.

Drop me a line if you are interested in going at winsloong@gmail.com

Cheers

Winston

Upzzzz! A great adventure to be had!

niceee...... a pity will not be available during that period.. otherwise sure go...

Was great fun going to the Hokkaido trip with you guys. Upzz for you :)

And the Bells will ring for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.