Africa trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do you go and arrange for such trips?
any contacts please?

Try PacWest travel, or the people in Planet traveller or Adventure 21 or X-boundaries. They can help you also make sure you have the right gear.

it's convenient for you guys but for gals....:cry::embrass::embrass::embrass:

many women go on the tours as well. You'll be fine, and may even have a group of girls with you.

so i lug my luggage and camera bag with me throughout the entire trip?!?!??!???

At least a 30L daypack or duffel bag. Your main luggage (try to travel light) you can keep with the concierge in the hotel in town.

HUH

it's convenient for you guys but for gals....:cry::embrass::embrass::embrass:

I asked the same question to a friend of mine who went to Everest Base camp. Hey, what did you do when no bushes ? "Find a boulder loh" was her answer !!!!!!!

Jeanie,
Its really good you started this thread. Have wanted to do a similar trip, but afraid to go at it alone. For me safety and security is of utmost importance. Not afraid of getting killed, but definitely afraid of getting mugged. Can sleep anywhere, shower anywhere, eat anything (grass also can. munch munch munch...)

Try PacWest travel, or the people in Planet traveller or Adventure 21 or X-boundaries. They can help you also make sure you have the right gear.

planet traveller and such?
i got a feeling they will ask me get this and that.wont they?
ended up more $ spent.
no?

many women go on the tours as well. You'll be fine, and may even have a group of girls with you.

that's what i do not want.
best is, i bring only 1 friend with me, and an entire 4WD just the 2 of us(not including driver and guide and cook lah).

the more gals, the more noise.like that shoot what?animals chao buay hu:bsmilie:

I asked the same question to a friend of mine who went to Everest Base camp. Hey, what did you do when no bushes ? "Find a boulder loh" was her answer !!!!!!!

Jeanie,
Its really good you started this thread. Have wanted to do a similar trip, but afraid to go at it alone. For me safety and security is of utmost importance. Not afraid of getting killed, but definitely afraid of getting mugged. Can sleep anywhere, shower anywhere, eat anything (grass also can. munch munch munch...)

easier for you guys lah.want to pee, just pull out.:bsmilie:

gals really more troublesome.not to mention if time of the month, piang eh...jialatlat!

i always wanted to do something like this, but only thing i cannot get over is accomodation.

else, i would have done tibet.

planet traveller and such?
i got a feeling they will ask me get this and that.wont they?
ended up more $ spent.
no?

Not necessarily. They do have the gear, but they'll generally give you the right advice on what you *should* bring, and exactly the right amount. I went to Adventure 21 and X-Boundaries for my Kilimanjaro gear. At first i thought they were ripping me off, but in the end I really needed the stuff they sold me, and the extra-quality stuff they sell is still in perfect condition for future trips. My teammates bought the cheaper stuff and it failed halfway up the mountain.

Yup, it's much more expensive...

Jeanie, sponsor my trip and I'll be your bodyguard and cam gear carrier. :angel:

erm...join the queue please.:bsmilie:

just kiddin!

easier for you guys lah.want to pee, just pull out.:bsmilie:

gals really more troublesome.not to mention if time of the month, piang eh...jialatlat!

i always wanted to do something like this, but only thing i cannot get over is accomodation.

else, i would have done tibet.

Then best if you time it for the "other" 3 weeks. You also don't want lions smelling blood, do you?

Not necessarily. They do have the gear, but they'll generally give you the right advice on what you *should* bring, and exactly the right amount. I went to Adventure 21 and X-Boundaries for my Kilimanjaro gear. At first i thought they were ripping me off, but in the end I really needed the stuff they sold me, and the extra-quality stuff they sell is still in perfect condition for future trips. My teammates bought the cheaper stuff and it failed halfway up the mountain.

where's both of these shops?

erm...join the queue please.:bsmilie:

just kiddin!

Awww.... Just milking me for advice... Then some other guy gets to be your companion... :bheart:

come on lah. you are not gonna live there all your life. its only a couple of weeks what. Adapt and adjust. Get yourself a super soak scrub at Amrita spa after you are back.

ok, nonsense talk over... i really hope to see some useful information comes out of this thread. will use it for my planning one fine day.

Jeanie, take a look at my kilimanjaro thread in the travel forum section for an idea about the dust level. Look at Himo Village shots and imagine a strong wind...

thanks for the link.i will look thru it 2nite.

any price indication and if they have an office in sgp?

They're based in South Africa. Best to contact them to ask for a local affiliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.