Affordable Notary Public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Gun

Aug 13, 2003
Visit site
Hi,
I need a Notary Public to authenticate my personal income. And I need the Notary Public understand Chinese because I need him to authenticate my document in Chinese version as well.

Anybody has experience on this? Could you recommend some?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

there is a lady at golden mile who does it. i can't remember her name though. think shld be cheap since that time my friend quite broke but still go there to do it. check yellowpages. its some old lady.

Thank you so much!
The "golden mile" is the name of the notary public office?

Hmm, you need the Notary to authenticate your personal income meaning you need him to certify a copy as being true? It does sound strange to have a Notary certify a document in Chinese though; what is he attesting to? that it is a true translation?

Notaries usually witness signatures or certify true copies of documents.

Also do you need the document for overseas purposes or local purpose? Notaries are usually meant for overseas purposes.

Perhaps if you could post more on your requirements I could help you a little more.

Of course, if you are already advised and are sure of the procedures, go right ahead!

It just sounds a bit odd to me :)

Hi,
I need a Notary Public to authenticate my personal income. And I need the Notary Public understand Chinese because I need him to authenticate my document in Chinese version as well.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Hi,

Thank you very much!

Regards,

If you need to this for china, you need to go to the China Embassy to do it. then when you reach China, u still have to go to their Notary centre to do it again.

Sounds more like legalisation to me now.....

Got reply from one Notary Public, she told me the price is 400 SGD including Chinese traslation. Gosh...

Hmm, well translators cost a lot - the bulk of the cost is probably from the translation.

Notary fees are usually not that expensive.

Also, as stated before, I have no idea what your transaction is about so hard to give comments as well.

Got reply from one Notary Public, she told me the price is 400 SGD including Chinese traslation. Gosh...

I think I was asked high price.
Because even the translation fee cannot be that high. It is only an official letter to authenticate I am working for current company and got regular income.

And the Chinese version is not a must which can be done separately in China.

Regards,

From what you say, it sounds like your company wrote a letter saying that you are working for them, and the Notary is supposed to certify this document as being a true copy?

If not, how can the Notary authenticate that you are working for the company? he won't have your employment records or contract. I think the only one who can certify you are workign for the company is the company itself.

As for regular income, an extract from the CPF contribution should be sufficient. The notary just has to certify this as being a true extract and that should be good enough.

If it just involves a chop and signature to certify true, i think it should not you more than S$40 per signature.

I think I was asked high price.
Because even the translation fee cannot be that high. It is only an official letter to authenticate I am working for current company and got regular income.

And the Chinese version is not a must which can be done separately in China.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.