Affordable Digital camera that can film greater than 30 minute clips . Can the GX9 do it?

feicai

Jun 29, 2021
Hi. I'm a newbie here.

Does anybody know of a digital camera that can shoot longer than 30 minute clips that is affordable?

I was thinking of getting a Panasonic GX9. I've read that in the US, the GX9 can defintely shoot longer than 30 minutes(of course depending on the memory card). But I also read that there maybe limits in the EU/UK version.

Thanking all in advance.

DXNMedia

Staff member
Dec 7, 2006
Singapore
www.dxnmedia.net
i think you need to further define whats your budget range. 'Affordable' is too vague.
Do you need HD or 4K recording?
Many cameras can shoot longer than 30mins video these days, but battery endurance may not last that long.
Or perhaps some will tend to overheat and shutdown well before 30mins, all depending on operating environment.

Like you mentioned, some of the limits are due to country import regulations, but for some manufacturers, there are independent 3rd party firmware hacks or mod developments to get rid of the 30mins limit...

feicai

Jun 29, 2021
i think you need to further define whats your budget range. 'Affordable' is too vague.
Do you need HD or 4K recording?
Many cameras can shoot longer than 30mins video these days, but battery endurance may not last that long.
Or perhaps some will tend to overheat and shutdown well before 30mins, all depending on operating environment.

Like you mentioned, some of the limits are due to country import regulations, but for some manufacturers, there are independent 3rd party firmware hacks or mod developments to get rid of the 30mins limit...
Thanks.

I suppose by affordable, around the $500 mark. I know the action cameras can do it, but Im looking more at compacts. Not DSLR type. A lot of the websites talk about panasonic GX85(I suppose the USA version).

Some of the models have on camera charging, so can plug in a powerbank and then battery issues are not a problem. Just hardware restrictions and overheating, I suppose is the issue and memory card.