AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G IF-ED to be released in November 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Grays of Westminster has a news item that the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G IF-ED will be released (available?) in November 2002.

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=30

Most interesting is the price - quoting directly from the webpage -

"This exciting new lens costs £1499.00 inc. VAT."

No indication of US$ or S$ cost yet.

Originally posted by Darren
Grays of Westminster has a news item that the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G IF-ED will be released (available?) in November 2002.

http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=30

Most interesting is the price - quoting directly from the webpage -

"This exciting new lens costs £1499.00 inc. VAT."

No indication of US$ or S$ cost yet.

I'm not sure how much you can deduct due to VAT but its probably going to be more than 3k.

Darren, r u getting the WHITE one? :)

The current AFS is about S$2800, so more than S$3k for the AFS VR should be possible...hope the AFD can still maintain in production.

Ok, VAT is 17.5%.

Had a look at the price list for other stuff. The F5 is 5 pounds cheaper. So for this lense, maybe you'll be looking at almost the same price as the F5.

Originally posted by Kit
Ok, VAT is 17.5%.

Had a look at the price list for other stuff. The F5 is 5 pounds cheaper. So for this lense, maybe you'll be looking at almost the same price as the F5.

:eek: that is expensive.

The current AFS would be the most cost effective buy as it is not limited to cameras with G compatibility. Wonder why the strange positioning of the 70-200 G price.

No, the most cost effective is the AF-n. :p

Not so fast. I have it and agree its very good value for money.

Yep, have to agree with yslee's choice... AF-n is still the best buy in terms of a quality lens for a realistic and affordable price!

Heh. Definitely.

On a more serious note, the price quoted from Grays is very very reasonable. Very very very reasonable. From what I'm getting, it sounds ever so slightly more than the current version.

But then again, Nikon might have made some compromises in quality then too...

70-200 range?

f2.8?

with image stabilisation?

*yawn*

AFS with image stabilisation together?

*big yawn*

lens compatibility issues?

*tsk tsk*

:devil:

Originally posted by Jed
On a more serious note, the price quoted from Grays is very very reasonable. Very very very reasonable. From what I'm getting, it sounds ever so slightly more than the current version.

In addition to that, Nikon Owners Club Members also get a 10% members discount when we buy new equipment from Grays. That brings the price down to £1349.10 inc. VAT. In the case of a company purchase, the VAT will be claimed back, making it £1113.00! ;)

like the design

at least there's some diff from the current AFS 80-200
may be nikon is moving towards 70-200 range liao?

well as for canon EF 70-200IS, still looks the same as the current one

:gbounce:

Originally posted by Red Dawn
70-200 range?

f2.8?

with image stabilisation?

*yawn*

AFS with image stabilisation together?

*big yawn*

lens compatibility issues?

*tsk tsk*

:devil:

And here I was thinking you really coveted that Leica. Now I know you're like all Canon users out there, the more bells and whistles, the better.

Besides, you're better off sticking to the joys of TTL flash metering with your M6 or M7 or whatever it is you've bought now... especially since neither Nikon nor Canon have it on their 70-200.

Originally posted by Jed

And here I was thinking you really coveted that Leica. Now I know you're like all Canon users out there, the more bells and whistles, the better.

Besides, you're better off sticking to the joys of TTL flash metering with your M6 or M7 or whatever it is you've bought now... especially since neither Nikon nor Canon have it on their 70-200.

:p :cool: :rbounce: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.