AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G on sale from today 16 Feb 2012

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Nikon Singapore just announced that the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G and 3 of their Nikon COOLPIX Spring Collection (Coolpix L25, L26 and S6300) will be on sale as of today onwards.

Some details

COOLPIX L26 RRP S$159
COOLPIX L25 RRP S$129
COOLPIX S6300 RRP S$349

AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G RRP S$729

Nikon Singapore just announced that the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G and 3 of their Nikon COOLPIX Spring Collection (Coolpix L25, L26 and S6300) will be on sale as of today onwards.

Some details

COOLPIX L26 RRP S$159
COOLPIX L25 RRP S$129
COOLPIX S6300 RRP S$349

Will the usual suspects in Sim Lim, Funan, and Peninsular better this price you think?

yes RRP is set as a recommended retail price
which is also the price that is stated on all Nikon promotional materials
the shops will give you a discount from the RRP

Thanks Ortega and Kit for the update! Man, the street pricing for the new 85/1.8G is soooo tempting! ;p I've got the 50/1.8G and loving it (for the price as well).

Some details

COOLPIX L26 RRP S$159
COOLPIX L25 RRP S$129
COOLPIX S6300 RRP S$349

Thank Bro.... was waiting for this... thought not so fast... lucky didnt buy the AFD85 yet....

Anyone with the new 85 1.8G, can pls post some wide open sample shots? Many thks

I want... if it is $610 I will see if I can go down tomorrow...

I want... if it is $610 I will see if I can go down tomorrow...

over the phone, CP quoted $620..... but am sure can get it slightly cheaper.... SLRR told me no stock...

Thank Bro.... was waiting for this... thought not so fast... lucky didnt buy the AFD85 yet....

was tempted to buy a 85mm prime too,
but after seeing this thread, I will go to buy the new G instead.

over the phone, CP quoted $620..... but am sure can get it slightly cheaper.... SLRR told me no stock...

$620 wow, it's a very good price!

I can't seem to find a single hands on review of this lens (not the D hor, the G). Any idea?

wow this kill many sellers in b&s :D

They brought it upon themselves.

BNS should be photographer helping photographer, but short sighted people would rather count that few stingy dollars of lost as more important.

Like a particular lens seller, brand new is $1800, he die die want to sell $1650, who would want to buy at $150 lesser used when brand new is with full warranty. This shows his (and people like him) short sighted and stinginess. He maintained those sales thread for more than a year, every 3 days post once - like a part time job.

Nowadays people are selling that lens for $1100 - and still find it hard to sell.

Sellers should be realistic and stop thinking people trying to low ball, sometimes its sellers ownself high ball. Second hand electronics depreciate fast.

Anyway it would be interesting to see how the 1.8G compares with the 1.4G costing 3 to 4 times its price.

sjackal said:
Like a particular lens seller, brand new is $1800, he die die want to sell $1650, who would want to buy at $150 lesser used when brand new is with full warranty. This shows his (and people like him) short sighted and stinginess.

That's nothing. I have seen many instances where the asking price for a no-longer in warranty item is higher than a new one. Good luck lor.