AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G on sale from today 16 Feb 2012

Tk Foto have stock for this... i saw in there FB page

Did they say how much?

Hi Guys, i happened to call a few shops and check out the price.

CP - SGD 600 ~ not sure have stock or not
IFoto - SGD 620 ~ Confirm have stock
TK Foto - SGD 610 ~ Confirm have stock

SLRR - No stock yet

bought it on friday from CP Marina $620. only 1 pc available. no more stock.

here is the sample. no pp just crop.

6896803323_5a46d5b604_b.jpg

you bought it? how much?
waiting for the photos! :)

haaaa got to disappoint you...not successful at uploading.... the photos came out too small.... cannot really see anything.... many other Bro will do a better job... anyway, got it at CP @ $600 (using CC...but note I bought other stuff from them, so could be a little little bit discount by not charging more for using CC)....

haaa bro, how you get to display the photo so big.... mine always came out very small.....

Edit.... think I got it....

Chipmunk-_5_.jpg

Last edited:
Nikon Singapore just announced that the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G and 3 of their Nikon COOLPIX Spring Collection (Coolpix L25, L26 and S6300) will be on sale as of today onwards.
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G RRP S$729

how is this against the sigma 85mm f1.4?

AwfulChoc said:

I'd like to know too. I have the Sigma, so fellow CSers who have the time and the Nikkor lens, I'm good for a meetup to analyze the differences next week. (out for business the entire week)

For me personally... if Nikon can give me a decent price lens with decent IQ.... I wont look at 3rd party lor... but thats just me.... so far, happy with the performance... if the 24-70 also sell around this price point... I wont touch 3rd party also... :devil:... but alas..... got to give business to the 3rd party sometime.... :p

Nice lens. thanks for the links

Above pictures taken from 85mm 1.8G so so only leh....

Above pictures taken from 85mm 1.8G so so only leh....

Sorry lar.... my skill no good lar... just anyhow shoot... if you feel not good enough, can go for the AFS85mmf1.4... :devil:

For my use, good enough... :lovegrin:

The photos are great, thanks to those who posted. These were taken under overcast skies, after the rain, so the colors are different, more muted with lower contrasts but with "deliciously" realism & accuracy. The sharpness is clearly evident too. Hmm feeling the BBB itch already :)

Last edited:
The photos are great, thanks to those who posted. These were taken under overcast skies, after the rain, so the colors are different, more muted with lower contrasts but with "deliciously" realism & accuracy. The sharpness is clearly evident too. Hmm feeling the BBB itch already :)

Agree :thumbsup:

Really want to put my finger on this one... Maybe have to try Changi Airport (flying out for work on Tuesday) but it will be RRP... :cry: