AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G VR to be Release soon.

rain5533

Apr 14, 2009
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
Hi, anyone to grab this lens to instead of your older AFS 24-85mm f3.5-4.5G non VR lens?
Cause the price still remain as 2nd hand value on $400+/- also comes with not as good condition.

Thanks.

The link : http://nikonrumors.com/

Last edited:
Managed to grab the older version last year at $400 from another CSer. Condition is mint coz he uses it less than 10 times. Its my backup and usual travel walk about lens.

Kirei said:
Managed to grab the older version last year at $400 from another CSer. Condition is mint coz he uses it less than 10 times. Its my backup and usual travel walk about lens.

Ha ha is a depend your luck to grab it.

Mine is bad the cond like less than 7 and no hood the price still keep strong and can't offer to letting go.. So I had bad experience on it :)

rain5533 said:
Ha ha is a depend your luck to grab it.

Mine is bad the cond like less than 7 and no hood the price still keep strong and can't offer to letting go.. So I had bad experience on it :)

And u still buy?

U should have walked away frm the deal, unless u willingly want it.

Takes 2 to clap.

Cheesecake said:
And u still buy?

U should have walked away frm the deal, unless u willingly want it.

Takes 2 to clap.

After viewing and decide to withdraw the deal.

Cheesecake said:
Anyway, seems likely to be a nice travel lens.

Lets wait for the announcement.

Not only for travels purpose and can be do many thing, like wedding & event as much more, cause has a lightweight design...

Also same like the DX kit lens equivalent to 18-55mm.

Nice to hear it news! The next to be waiting for D600 only.

Last edited:
I had one, the AFS 24-85. No hood, and all the golden words faded already... but I still managed to sell it within hours of posting... maybe I sold too cheap?

Image quality is actually quite good actually... If covering events or weddings with flash, the lens is very useful.

daredevil123 said:
I had one, the AFS 24-85. No hood, and all the golden words faded already... but I still managed to sell it within hours of posting... maybe I sold too cheap?

Image quality is actually quite good actually... If covering events or weddings with flash, the lens is very useful.

Ha ha you quick so fast...

I know a shop which sells BNIB mint condition 24-85 f3.5-4.5g with golden box, hood & all for $400. I bought 2 before upgrading my lenses. They are NOS. I wonder how much they will sell this latest version. This medium focal length zoom is great as a all round general purpose lens, especially for travels.

Last edited:
I know a shop which sells BNIB mint condition 24-85 f3.5-4.5g with golden box, hood & all for $400. I bought 2 before upgrading my lenses. They are NOS. I wonder how much they will sell this latest version. This medium focal length zoom is great as a all round general purpose lens, especially for travels.

Price on B&H is already out ... RRP $599 usd.

Under $700 for this len .. any bro got it and can give some feedback .. ?

Very tempted to get this light len for casual shooting ..

24-70 too heavy, 24-120 tonns of distortion and heavy, i guess this is the lightest zoom i can find at the moment .. haha

Don't forget got VR some more. Great alternative for the 24-70mm for travelling use.

Ya .. if no vr then it wouldnt be attractive .. haha

Was quoted $655 incl. gst last week.

Wow .. Good deal, mind pm me where to find this deal ? Thk

Just went nsc to test out the len, its comparable in sharpness to 24-120 f4, but more distortion at all focal length, especially 35mm (worst) and 50mm. Image quality drop when at 70mm or 85mm, but acceptable to me.

Well af speed is exactly like the old dx 18-70 kit len or 18-105 vr, nothing to be ashame of considering the price its selling.

I think its worth the buy .. distortion can be corrected by software, just have to bear with the af speed.