Af problem.. Is it my cam or lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunegg

Mar 29, 2009
North East
Hi guys i need some help regard af problems.

Recently i realised my cam got af problem even in broad day light..

Im using k20 with 43mm
I realise i need to focus afew times before it actually hits the spot.

Is it a common k20 problem or is it my lens? Its extremely obvious when using wide open, focus stationary objects like flowers..

Forgot to mention i only have 1 body 1 lens :( cant try using other lens

Back/front focus problem ?
Did you try K20D focus adjustment system.
This system allows you to adjust lenses with front or back focus individually up to 20 lens

Both front and back focus also have leh

Could it be strong back lighting? :think:

Try focusing on some part contrasty ......... :)

Dont think BF or FF will affect the focusing. Can try what Zenten suggested and maybe you can see if you are using selective AF point or auto AF point. If you select your own AF point try to see is it at the subject you wanna shoot cos you might forget you set your focus point at the extreme top/bottom/left/right.

Hi guys i need some help regard af problems.

Recently i realised my cam got af problem even in broad day light..

Im using k20 with 43mm
I realise i need to focus afew times before it actually hits the spot.

Is it a common k20 problem or is it my lens? Its extremely obvious when using wide open, focus stationary objects like flowers..

Not it is NOT a common K20D problem. I too have the 43mm and have no issues with what you are having. Try what Zenten has recommended to see if you still have issues.

Also check what Ishou80 has recommended to check your AF points. Is the red dot in the centre when you shoot or is it somewhere else?

Not it is NOT a common K20D problem. I too have the 43mm and have no issues with what you are having. Try what Zenten has recommended to see if you still have issues.

Also check what Ishou80 has recommended to check your AF points. Is the red dot in the centre when you shoot or is it somewhere else?

yup..I think this is quite likely. When Fengwei showed me how to do it on my ex-K7, I did a change and forgot about it. The result is the camera kept on having "focussing issues". Took about 5 min before I realised the AF point had changed! :)

oh i on selective af point all the time.. and i always adjusted the af to where im aiming.. i start to realise this problem when i was trying take this flower.
i had to focus 3 times before it finally appeared to be focused onto the petal where i wanted :(

oh i on selective af point all the time.. and i always adjusted the af to where im aiming.. i start to realise this problem when i was trying take this flower.
i had to focus 3 times before it finally appeared to be focused onto the petal where i wanted :(

To focus on a specific flower, use centre focus and you will never go wrong the 1st time. ;)

Weijian, try a few more times on different subject and see. There shouldn't be any issue regardless of what AF mode you choose.

Maybe the subject that you wanna focus is not in the min focus distance range? If you are talking about taking near subject.

If problem still persist better bring it down to Emjay to let kelvin check it out for you.

Hmm!:think: Did you set your AF to AF-C.

I used my K20D with 50mm marco,i use AF-S with the correct min.focus distance sure
snap want.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.