AF Nikkor 50mm 1:1.8D to EOS 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

taongbundok

Oct 31, 2007
hi to everyone!:) im a newbie in the forum and a newbie on dslr's as well. i have a question and hope you can help. i tried searching but sometimes i cant understand the terms, so i just opened a new thread.

i have an old nikon film camera with AF nikkor 50mm 1:8D lens. recently, i bought a canon eos 400d with a kit lens. can i use this lens on this body? if can, what are the limitations? do i need to buy converters or adaptors?

thanks in advance.

You will need to buy a converter. The average converter will mean you lose autofocusing and metering. Its probably more cost effective to just buy the Canon 50mm 1.8. Its pretty cheap.

there is a nikon to canon convertor with a chip that will sound off a beep as well as the infocus LED confirmation will lightup. but it will only work will model starting from 10D. tried it once with 30D + nikon lens at the shop "cam-x".

thanks for the replies. any idea how much this converters cost? or i might just buy the canon 50mm to save all the hassles.

sell away your nikon 50mm for the canon 50mm would be a much cost saving way.

hi to everyone!:) im a newbie in the forum and a newbie on dslr's as well. i have a question and hope you can help. i tried searching but sometimes i cant understand the terms, so i just opened a new thread.

i have an old nikon film camera with AF nikkor 50mm 1:8D lens. recently, i bought a canon eos 400d with a kit lens. can i use this lens on this body? if can, what are the limitations? do i need to buy converters or adaptors?

thanks in advance.

No offence intended, but this is what I call backside itchy, having an existing and switching system without consideration of what you have before. ;p You could have gotten a Nikon equivalent DSLR and still able to use back your lens(es).

Anyway, even with converters, you will lose AF and automatic aperture control. So the best bet now is to sell away your old system and start to build up your new system. It's expensive to keep 2 different systems.

No offence intended, but this is what I call backside itchy, having an existing and switching system without consideration of what you have before. ;p You could have gotten a Nikon equivalent DSLR and still able to use back your lens(es).

Anyway, even with converters, you will lose AF and automatic aperture control. So the best bet now is to sell away your old system and start to build up your new system. It's expensive to keep 2 different systems.

hahaha:), i did not do my research well. an expensive learning experience for me.:cry: i thought that film lenses cannot be used for digital slrs that's why i bought a different brand. i should have read more on this forum before considering changing brands. might as well sell and buy a new one as most of you suggested. thanks again for the inputs.:)

hahaha:), i did not do my research well. an expensive learning experience for me.:cry: i thought that film lenses cannot be used for digital slrs that's why i bought a different brand. i should have read more on this forum before considering changing brands. might as well sell and buy a new one as most of you suggested. thanks again for the inputs.:)

trade you EOS 400D with Nikon? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.