AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

May 19, 2004
West
Hello,

Any comments or reviews on this len. I am thinking of investing in a close up lens.

Adrian

OT: I remember Argent2 has one for sale, not too sure if she's sold it off yet...

Adrian said:
Hello,

Any comments or reviews on this len. I am thinking of investing in a close up lens.

Adrian

THis is a great lense.. but honestly.. I dumped it for the Tamron 90mm f2.8 and the Nikon 55mm Micro Nikkor AIS lens.

Found both lenses to be optically sharper and produced much more detail at 2.8 wide open then the 60mm did..

Also consider a cheaper solution.. extension tubes.. and/or reversal rings..

The 60mm Micro produces contrasty and SUPER sharp pictures. But you have to live with the short working distance of the lens, which may not ideal for macro photography.

Thanks guys for your comments and replies. Any idea how much does AP or CP charge this lens cost? The price at Nikon website is $760 which is kind of pricey. I am also looking at other brands as alternatives. Any recommendations? Thanks

why don't you do a search for this lens in the buy and sell forum? There are quite a number of people selling this gem of a lens.

less than $300 at AP the last i asked.....

Hi Xdivder,

Thanks for your reply, It cost less than $300 at AP?

Adrian said:
Hi Xdivder,

Thanks for your reply, It cost less than $300 at AP?

Don't think so...
The last time I asked at CP, its around $600++.

I went over to CP and John 3:16 today to check the price of some Lenses;

60mm
CP - $650
John - $650

70-300mm
CP - $630
John - $650

All Nikkor Lenses.

Hi...try Lords also...they have competitive prices ~ if via NETS or cash...Can be $20 odd dollars cheaper than CP, AP or John.

Good luck...oh yes...look for James.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.