AF issues..

bangchew86

Feb 28, 2010
Hi Csers, I had a couple of encounters with failed AF after continuous shooting for awhile. The AF simply stop working for a while, but after resting the cam for a few minutes it recovers..

Is this normal?

Hi Csers, I had a couple of encounters with failed AF after continuous shooting for awhile. The AF simply stop working for a while, but after resting the cam for a few minutes it recovers..

Is this normal?

No. not normal. Better bring it into the service center.

Thanks for the reply.. I'm using a tamron lens with a nikon body.. So is it a cam prob or lens prob?

It does not happen frequent just a couple of times and only when I keep shooting it.. Like stay 100 clicks in a day..

Sorry I meant: " like say* 100 clicks in a day and the AF suddenly stalled for awhile"

100 clicks in a day? or 100 continuous clicks? any idea if the camera buffer is full?

100 clicks in a day is not too much. I've done >1500 clicks in one day on my dearly departed D5000 with the sigma 150-500mm during a birdwatching trip and didn't see any problems. You might want to get the camera and lens serviced. The only trouble I had was with the OS of the sigma lens hitting the limit, so had to be switched off and back on.