AF failed. pls help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTCahHTC

May 9, 2008
hey guys!
today's the first day of CNY, and my lens failed on me for the first time.
okay, when the AF is fully turned towards the clockwise direction (when you're facing the camera), it doesn't turn back towards anti-clockwise to focus.
why the sudden failure? using MF is okay... but i suck pretty much at MF.
i tried my zoom lens, and it works okay. no problem.
any way to solve this now? or only CSC can help out?

*btw, when do CSC reopen?

Might help post camera and lens as there could be a common/known issue depending on brand/model

hey guys!
okay, when the AF is fully turned towards the clockwise direction (when you're facing the camera), it doesn't turn back towards anti-clockwise to focus.

call CSC on wednesday.

hey guys!

cant auto focus could be contact dirty, contact damage, flexible circuit broken... i got a flexible circuit broken case, due to lens old age, double sided tape fail, rub against zoom parts, then broked... never sent to service, cos dnt knw what cost it will be... :(

Might help post camera and lens as there could be a common/known issue depending on brand/model

ya, read about the flexible circuit inside 18-200 zoom is pasted... sure to fail when adhesive power drop over the years... they shld use slip in method hor.. hee...

hey guys. thanks for all the replies.
i'm using EF-S 18-55 IS. the kit for 450D.
wa... 'cant auto focus could be contact dirty, contact damage, flexible circuit broken...'
any idea how much it will cost to repair under warranty?
or warranty is useless in this case?

Like twisted illusion mentioned, it could be that the metal contacts on the back of your lens are dirty. Perhaps you should try getting them cleaned?

errr. do i DIY?

hello HAppy new year if still have warranty why not send for repair? May cost you nothing .

hello HAppy new year if still have warranty why not send for repair? May cost you nothing .

hey there!
happy CNY too!
MAY and MAY NOT cost me.
but yeah, planning to bring it down sometime this week. thanks!

hey guys. thanks for all the replies.
i'm using EF-S 18-55 IS. the kit for 450D.
wa... 'cant auto focus could be contact dirty, contact damage, flexible circuit broken...'
any idea how much it will cost to repair under warranty?
or warranty is useless in this case?

if it is still under warranty, just sent in to service centre n pretend u dnt knw anything other than the AF cant work... they should n must get it working for u... if they tell u "blah blah blah", just say u dnt knw anything... they will surely get it working and give u a warning.... :p try...

if it is still under warranty, just sent in to service centre n pretend u dnt knw anything other than the AF cant work... they should n must get it working for u... if they tell u "blah blah blah", just say u dnt knw anything... they will surely get it working and give u a warning.... :p try...

haha. reali?! cool! i'll try and post the results here. thanks dude!
act blur... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.