AF converter ?

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
Well i just want to know if there are any add ons in the market that can autofocus a lens on an entry body . Nikon cam , ty !

Why don't you post the question into Nikon subforum?

afaik, don't have such thing, for any camera system,
anything add between the lens and body, the lens won't be able to focus at infinity,
even it is possible, buy a higher class Nikon body with built in AF motor will be far more economy, usable and reliable.

Well i just want to know if there are any add ons in the market that can autofocus a lens on an entry body . Nikon cam , ty !

Assuming such a converter could be made, it would be large, bulky and noisy. You would mess up the flange distance as well - you'll have problems with exposure, focus, etc.

Lesson learned: Do your homework before buying. Other brands don't put such a limitation on the entry-level bodies.

There is no such accessory in the market as the AF system for each brand is patented.

There is no such accessory in the market as the AF system for each brand is patented.

Nope it's not that at all. It's a limitation of mechanics. Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, all the companies that are licensees to the Nikon mount, heck even Nikon themselves could release the adapter, but why would they want to? It would be big, bulky, noisy, and introduce big headaches for the end users.

It's like introducing an external motor drive. Sorry for my ignorance question: I thought there something like this for the old film based SLR?

Out of interest, there was a series of old Nikon AF Teleconverter TC-16/a/s that you can read about, but these are pricey legacy items that are suppose to work on the faster MF nikkors with various restrictions.

Would like to know which lens that you intend to use?

AF converter... don't have. AF confirmation - yes.

Nope it's not that at all. It's a limitation of mechanics. Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, all the companies that are licensees to the Nikon mount, heck even Nikon themselves could release the adapter, but why would they want to? It would be big, bulky, noisy, and introduce big headaches for the end users.

Some of those 3rd party brands you mentioned did not pay license fees to Nikon... which is also why some of the older 3rd party lenses have metering issues with newer Nikon bodies.