AF Assist for Canon cams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Asking on behalf of a friend who uses G3. Is there any AF assist thingy which can be used for G3? Well, according to him (or just his excuse), his cammie can't really focus well (???). So he is looking for some solution (not willing to buy a new cammie though). Do state the price and where can he find that item, if there is. :) Thanks.

renegade said:
Asking on behalf of a friend who uses G3. Is there any AF assist thingy which can be used for G3? Well, according to him (or just his excuse), his cammie can't really focus well (???). So he is looking for some solution (not willing to buy a new cammie though). Do state the price and where can he find that item, if there is. :) Thanks.

I'm a G3 and a 10D user. As far as I know, the only AF assist the G3 has got is the lamp beside the viewfinder. Other than that, nothing else.

When your friend said his G3 can't focus well, is he trying to focus in extremely dark environment?

Virgo said:
I'm a G3 and a 10D user. As far as I know, the only AF assist the G3 has got is the lamp beside the viewfinder. Other than that, nothing else.

When your friend said his G3 can't focus well, is he trying to focus in extremely dark environment?

Well I guess he is trying to focus in some pretty low light environment. :bsmilie: Told him about that, but he insists that there are some 'laser pointer' thingy he saw that can help focus, and it can be attached to the hotshoe (???) :bsmilie: thus, i help him post here. Any idea?

renegade said:
Well I guess he is trying to focus in some pretty low light environment. :bsmilie: Told him about that, but he insists that there are some 'laser pointer' thingy he saw that can help focus, and it can be attached to the hotshoe (???) :bsmilie: thus, i help him post here. Any idea?

Not that I know of. I got an external Canon flash which has AF lamp which edmits some laser beam, but the G3 still prefers to use it's own small AF lamp. :cry: Guess the G3 is programmed to use it's AF lamp no matter what.

For my 10D, it work wonders with my flash's AF beam.

Virgo said:
Not that I know of. I got an external Canon flash which has AF lamp which edmits some laser beam, but the G3 still prefers to use it's own small AF lamp. :cry: Guess the G3 is programmed to use it's AF lamp no matter what.

For my 10D, it work wonders with my flash's AF beam.

okie thanks. will inform him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.