Aerials on Orchard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just walked along the top part of orchard road next to wheelock place and the hilton, someone has mounted a great exhibition of huge stunning aerial photos from around the world, don't know who or why but who cares as they are great pictures - go along a see.

yup..saw it too... very nat geo quality. not surprised if some of the featured photographers are from there.

did any see how the prints are made? seem like the print was done on glass. examine it up close and you will see what i mean...

looks gd as a blanket!!:lovegrin:

exhibition.jpg

Hi I've been there! All set up liao!!! Terribly gorgeous pics!!!
BTW the one with the pink star is my fav - "heart shaped island" ^_^

Not printed on glass...more on waterproof glossy photo paper?...;P

Emkay said:
and they have to spoil the whole show with the red-white tape ...
Given parents who don't know how to discipline their kids and irresponsible adults, I'm not a least bit surprised they used tape to keep people from going near.

I think the red tapes are there because the "exhibition" is not officially opened yet ...
There is a little write-up near the bottom of the display ... so if the tape is "permanent" how to read the write-up?

I believe there will be sort of an official opening of the exhibition. The photog appeared on this morning talk show ... but did not catch it since I was already getting off the bus.

RGDs

Think the project was concepted by french photographer Yann Arthus Bertrand. Anyway, recognised some images when I passed by the stretch of Orchard just now. Interesting thing to note, the project began in 1994 and the first book was published in 2000. The series was captured over a visit to over 150 countries by yann and his team. The exhibition is on show all over the world in cities like Paris, London, New York and China. Finally.. it has made its way to sg. I strongly encourage everyone to take a look at it and not give it a miss. The exhibition layout, style and large prints (its realli big!) is probably one of its kind. Not to mention the kind of pictures and how a particular place looks like from the top. :)

Yes Tan131 is correct....it is Yann Arthus-Bertrand. The red tape was put into place because the exhibition was being prepared for the launch last evening at 7.30pm. It is now open to the public to enjoy.

Here's a link to his site: http://www.yannarthusbertrand.org/

Managed to speak to him...he's definitely a man who is very much passionate about saving the environment indeed.

My fav is one of Berlin where it shows the throng of humans congregating....with the surroundings in deep lush greenery of trees.

Wonderful works. Must see!

Cheers...Nizz

I saw them last night...

Fantastic works...

I like the one at yellowstone park which has very rich and nice colours

And also the one of the Gilbratra Airport runway....really like a piece of abstract art.

my bro brought me a book "earth from the air, 365 days" a few years back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

saw some large A3 sized books available in the library.

Hi,

I noticed there are several book related to this exhibition available in Borders. E.g. "earth from the air, 365 days" and also bigger, A3 sized book of the best photos is available (about $130 :( )

in my view, refreshing views of parts of earth. not to be missed.

hmmz i think i saw it somewhere when i was in taiwan around may this yr.. esp the heart photo.. maybe i should make my way down to verify..
cheers

amazingly inspiring images. really good that the organiser hold this at such a public and convenient location :thumbsup:

great exhibition :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I happened to be at the exhibit on Sunday afternoon when a motorcade pulled up. A man dressed all in white got out flanked by several security personnel. As I waited to cross the street I wondered who it could be?

The 'Earth from Above' exhibit is so intriguing that Minister Mentor, Lee Kuan Yew himself made a surprise unannounced personal visit ;)

Most of the other pedestrians on Orchard were so enthralled with the photos that they didn't even notice that he was there!

60960410_889f882a7c.jpg

60960295_84513c7744.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.