Advises needed for getting teleconverters

bkkoo78

Oct 13, 2010
I am thinking of getting the 2x Nikon teleconverter for my nikon 70-200mm vrii.

Is it worth getting? As I read that it degrades the image..

People who used them, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

All teleconverters would degrade your photo, the acceptance level would still depend on the photographer himself to judge.

The good thing is... it is a good way to extend your reach without spending the hefty some of money to get a 400mm lens. Another choice would be the 1.4x teleconverter which would still help to retain most of the sharpness in your photo.

like what rhino123 mentioned, all t-cons will degrade your photo, reduce focusing speed, stop down your aperture.
if you need the range, yes it's worth it. Unless you are willingly to spend on the 400mm 2.8
or you can consider changing you 70-200VR2 to the 80-400VR, so you don't need a t-con, but, i'm not sure if the 80-400 will be sharper than a 70-200VR2+2x Nikon t-con.

All teleconverters would degrade your photo, the acceptance level would still depend on the photographer himself to judge.

The good thing is... it is a good way to extend your reach without spending the hefty some of money to get a 400mm lens. Another choice would be the 1.4x teleconverter which would still help to retain most of the sharpness in your photo.

like what rhino123 mentioned, all t-cons will degrade your photo, reduce focusing speed, stop down your aperture.
if you need the range, yes it's worth it. Unless you are willingly to spend on the 400mm 2.8
or you can consider changing you 70-200VR2 to the 80-400VR, so you don't need a t-con, but, i'm not sure if the 80-400 will be sharper than a 70-200VR2+2x Nikon t-con.

Thanks for inputs and advises... Appreciated them.