Status
Not open for further replies.

seethoe

Dec 2, 2002
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
club members,

I am new to this ya...please help....

how best to shoot a group photo of about 20 people in 2/3 rows indoor (flourescent light), ceiling 10feet. backgroud is dark yellow wood panel, wall is white...

i am using F65 with 28-80mm G lens, tripod and SB-50DX flash...

your advise is much appreciated... especially the distance between camera to group, and aperture/shutter speed....

thanks ya...:light:

Originally posted by seethoe
club members,

I am new to this ya...please help....

how best to shoot a group photo of about 20 people in 2/3 rows indoor (flourescent light), ceiling 10feet. backgroud is dark yellow wood panel, wall is white...

i am using F65 with 28-80mm G lens, tripod and SB-50DX flash...

your advise is much appreciated... especially the distance between camera to group, and aperture/shutter speed....

thanks ya...:light:

Set to A mode. A reading set to f5.6 or f8 to increase DOF. Use timer with the flash at TTL mode.

The distance is subjective. Try not to left too much space at all side.Unless the background is impt for this pic.

That's all.

If u are using a tripod don't think the shutter speed like 1/60 and 1/90 would be any difference. Prob u should take note of ur flash whether it is powerful enough for the distance bet the group and your cam

ok, i was thinking of the following setup:

use my F65 built-in speedlight and sb-50dx in synch at 15' distance and try to use the widest possible angle i.e. at 28mm....most prob. i will set my camera to P which will give me a shutter speed of 1/90....and use a FL-D filter...what do u guys/gals think??

Important rule**

Dark skin ones in the front row, fair skin skin ones behind.

If about 20, it is better to use 3 rows instead of two rows.Meter at the centre row

ok...that's a good idea...but most of the time the ladies are the one in front and they have fairer skin than the guys...mmm..anyway to get around it??

i am going to use the NPH 400 film for it too...

Status
Not open for further replies.