Advise require for Europe trip

BrownInu

Sep 22, 2009
Hi guys,

I am currently planning a free and easy trip to europe somewhere in 3th quarter of the year somwhere from sep to oct.
It will probably be at least 2 weeks to 3 weeks holiday.
Still deciding on the places, but cfm places will be Paris and switzerland. Italy is still on the pending list due to the level of pickpocket mention in CS.

I am into photography of building and history whereas spouse will be into shopping for bags.
Wish that someone will be able to share your experience and places of interest which will be able to meet the requirements mention.

I need advise if a cropped body + tamron 17-50mm f2.8 VC be sufficient for buidling and landscape photography.
As 17mm on a cropped is about 26mm so I am wondering if there is a need to purchase a wide lens for the tour.
If so I am looking at either canon 10-22mm or sigma 10-20 fixed aperture.

There is intention to upgrade to canon full frame in the 3th or 4th quarter of the year after consumer reviews and debugging of canon FF has been done.

My intention was to travel light as I am suffering from slipdisc and ankle injury.

Pardon me if I am asking too much.
Please feel free to share your intinerary and advise if possible.

Thank you ^^

17-50 f2.8 will be the lens you use most of the time. But if you feel it is not wide enough, the 10-22mm will be useful for vast scenery or architectures. But most likely 17-50 will be the lens you used most of the time. It is unlikely you will need a tripod, unless it is for night shoots for scenery or strong wind during the day time. Hope this help. Since you are in Paris, ever thought of dropping by London for a couple of days? You can get to London via Eurostar(bullet train) for 2 hours. And London has one of the biggest shopping street with oxford street. ;)

I love Rome and Barcelona. Pick pockets are every where. Was once in Paris and even being very vigilant my girl friend had her back pack zipped open at some point while I was walking behind her. No clue how they manage to do that... luckily nothing got stolen.

Heard many horror stories abt Pickpockets in Europe... Was very cautious in the first few days of the trip starting from Rome.. However nothing happened, so we started to act less paranoid :p not sure if we were just lucky..

Im using a cropped body too, and for my Europe trip, i brought Tokina 11-16, tamron 17-50 and a Nikkor 35mm f2. 17-50 was mounted most of the time, maybe 90% ^^ 11-16 when I need wider, but rarely used. As for the 35mm.. I thk it was largely unused.

I thk my favourite country is still Italy :)