Advise on where to buy Tamron 150-600 len in S'pore

Landofsmile

Jan 14, 2017
Thailand
Hi CS friends,
Not sure where to post so just try my luck posting here. Posted WTB Tamron 150-600 on BnS section but not much luck. So might go the buy new route. Any reliable shops in S'pore selling this len or even any recommendation for shops in Hong Kong? Try searching but not really getting much details so ask my fellow CS here for help. If can give a ballpark price will be much appreciated as most of the infos online are from the U.S. Thanks for the kind help.

Oh, sorry. Forget to add that this should be the Sony A mount

Oh, sorry. Forget to add that this should be the Sony A mount

Hi bro, I used to have a copy of an A mount Tamron 150 - 600. Got it from SLR Revolution when it was still in Funan. It has since shifted to Peninsular and you can try your luck there. I managed to get the last copy previously. They generally do not have many copies of this as most users of this lens prefer the canikon dslr mounts.

I tried to buy this lens again (regret selling it) and the second time round, I had to wait 5 weeks. So I skipped the idea of getting it a second time. Price-wise, I got it for S$ 13xx the first time round. It went up to $15xx the second time I enquired. This is not inclusive of the huge and expensive 95mm filter (available only in b+w or zeiss brands) nor lens coat if you want to keep this for long.

I used it on an a77ii previously and then on an a7s with laea4. Both worked really well though you are down to 5 focus points with the laea4. Sold most of my stuff to fund for an a7rii only to find that the 150-600 works best on A mount with the laea3 adapter.

Good luck getting a copy of this lens, really good for birding on a budget and mobility!

Hi bro, I used to have a copy of an A mount Tamron 150 - 600. Got it from SLR Revolution when it was still in Funan. It has since shifted to Peninsular and you can try your luck there. I managed to get the last copy previously. They generally do not have many copies of this as most users of this lens prefer the canikon dslr mounts.

I tried to buy this lens again (regret selling it) and the second time round, I had to wait 5 weeks. So I skipped the idea of getting it a second time. Price-wise, I got it for S$ 13xx the first time round. It went up to $15xx the second time I enquired. This is not inclusive of the huge and expensive 95mm filter (available only in b+w or zeiss brands) nor lens coat if you want to keep this for long.

I used it on an a77ii previously and then on an a7s with laea4. Both worked really well though you are down to 5 focus points with the laea4. Sold most of my stuff to fund for an a7rii only to find that the 150-600 works best on A mount with the laea3 adapter.

Good luck getting a copy of this lens, really good for birding on a budget and mobility!

Thanks dickmann88 for the heads up. I'll give it a try when I'm back. Thanks once again.

Hi fellow CS,
Just found one at Lazada Singapore. Never deal with Lazada before. Not sure how reliable they are. Only 1 set left for A mount and it's export set with no guarantee. (i'll still stick to dickmann88 idea to look for it at penisular but Lazada will be the secondary option)
Amy kind bros or sis here can help to share their experience with Lazada. I'll be in S'pore next week for a week only. Thanks for any help rendered.