Advise on what else is needed.

joycegian

Apr 11, 2010
Will be heading the Funan to purchase my White Pentax KX this weekend from either SLR or AP.

1) Need advise on what UV Filter is good?
2) A good SD card with fast speed.
3) Cleaning Kit
4) Batteries.

Other than that, I'll be getting a 50litre Analog Dry Cabinet.

Please advise on the above mentioned with price & where to get it.

Thanks so much!!

Newbie here... :p

1) Why do you need a UV filter? And the filters are listed in the price guide, please try to show some initiative.
2) Why not read the dozens of SD card reviews?
3) Again, a common question. Search on here for "cleaning kit"
4) Again, a very very common question. We have many "best rechargeable AA batteries" threads.

Please don't expect to be spoonfed.

1) Why do you need a UV filter? And the filters are listed in the price guide, please try to show some initiative.
2) Why not read the dozens of SD card reviews?
3) Again, a common question. Search on here for "cleaning kit"
4) Again, a very very common question. We have many "best rechargeable AA batteries" threads.

Please don't expect to be spoonfed.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will be heading the Funan to purchase my White Pentax KX this weekend from either SLR or AP.

3) Cleaning Kit
4) Batteries.

Thanks so much!!

1)Just get a basic UV filter(Hoya or Kenko)when buying your camera or get from mass sales-----$10 to $20
2)Sandisk Ultra will do-----$20
3)Mass sales again-----$10 to $20
4)Most K-x users will get a sanyo eneloop 2hr charger with 8 eneloops.Can get from ebay,shops or mass sales-----$50>
5)Parisilk or Carrefour-----$168

Better call shops for availability first because K-x is selling like hotcakes...

P.S Its K-x not KX(This one is the film one)

Last edited:
maybe a mod could move this to the Pentax subforum?

TS, what you can do is search the Pentax sub forum. Pricings and recommendations are plenty there.

maybe a mod could move this to the Pentax subforum?
TS, what you can do is search the Pentax sub forum. Pricings and recommendations are plenty there.

From what I have observed, people with "feed me" syndrome are not specific to any brand. Unless you want to attract them in Pentax subforum :)

From what I have observed, people with "feed me" syndrome are not specific to any brand. Unless you want to attract them in Pentax subforum :)
well this one knows what to buy...a step up from those who have no idea what they want other then cheapest, best and etc.

The Pentax KX is a fine little camera.

Last edited:

3) Cleaning Kit
4) Batteries.

Thanks so much!!

If you are purchasing your DSLR in Funan, do go to shops with better reputation like John or SLR Revo.

1. Like cleonbus said, get the filter together with your DSLR.
2. Having your budget in mind, try bargain with the the SDHC card included in the package.
3. Any basic kit will do, the shop should sell it too.
4. Unless you getting a flash together, your DSLR will probably never need those AA batteries.

Dry Cab can order from one of the advertiser in the Mass Sales section.

1)Just get a basic UV filter(Hoya or Kenko)when buying your camera or get from mass sales-----$10 to $20
2)Sandisk Ultra will do-----$20
3)Mass sales again-----$10 to $20
4)Most K-x users will get a sanyo eneloop 2hr charger with 8 eneloops.Can get from ebay,shops or mass sales-----$50>
5)Parisilk or Carrefour-----$168

Better call shops for availability first because K-x is selling like hotcakes...

P.S Its K-x not KX(This one is the film one)

Cleonbus has already given the answers you need.
You may want to check out the Pentax subforum. A lot of the topics have already been discussed and the threads are still there.

There is a Kx help thread as well.

If you are purchasing your DSLR in Funan, do go to shops with better reputation like John or SLR Revo.

1. Like cleonbus said, get the filter together with your DSLR.
2. Having your budget in mind, try bargain with the the SDHC card included in the package.
3. Any basic kit will do, the shop should sell it too.
4. Unless you getting a flash together, your DSLR will probably never need those AA batteries.

Dry Cab can order from one of the advertiser in the Mass Sales section.

K-x uses AA batteries lah...

Never state your areas of interest of photography, hard for the bro/sis here too advise you what to get..

However, do get a dry cabinet to prevent fungus grow if you happen to live in our humid little red dot..