advise on sony a330

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylphy

Aug 30, 2009
hi fellow frz

Can give me some advise on hows sony a330? Is it good for beginner?

It's very very beginner-friendly. Good live view, good image quality.

Make sure to check with MS Color and Cathay photo if they have special deals.

As I have mentioned many times in this forum, all entry level DSLRs (regardless of brand) is capable to produce good pictures if you use it within it's limitation. Since you have eyed on the A330, I would suggest that you go to the shops to take a look and play with the cam. Not everyone likes the ergonomics of the cam but the cam is pretty good for beginners with it's very user friendly interface. The AF on the live view is superb too. :thumbsup:

thks, but is it a trusted model

Yes, why not? Sony is one of the upcoming brands in the DSLR markets and with their long history in sensor making, it's a very good brand. If you had researched on the history, you would have noticed that Sony had bought over Konica Minolta and build the Alpha line of cams based on the previous Minolta mount. Minolta has a very long history in camera making and they have very good innovations back then.

Having said that, when you buy into the Sony Alphas, you could actually use the old lenses from Minolta (Alpha mount) as well. :)

what trusted model? anyway the a330 is not a bad beginner cam. just that i find it's a little small for my big hands haha.. 2 of my fingers will be left dangling when i hold it

What do you mean by trusted? It's a new model, so it's not like it's been around for 5 years to build up a "trusted" reputation.

But Sony doesn't produce junk DSLR cameras, so I'd say feel free to buy with confidence.

cos im choosing from d3000, a330, e-p1. can giv me advise on that.thks

cos im choosing from d3000, a330, e-p1. can giv me advise on that.thks

Have you compared specs? Tried them? tested them and seen which was more comfy in your hands?

Also, the e-P1 isn't a DSLR, it's a mirrorless micro-4/3s system.

Which to choose will depend on yourself cos you are the one using it. So it has to be comfortable in your hands. As I have big hands, I would not consider the EP1. Besides the EP1 does not have a mirror in the body so strictly speaking it's not a DSLR. Also a friend of mine posed a question to me which sets me thinking. He asked me 'imagine mounting a longer zoom lens on the EP1, will it be able to balance?'

As for the D3000, I do not have much comments on that cam, but I believe the AF on the Sony cams are the best so far. It would be better for you to try the cams out.

As for the D3000, I do not have much comments on that cam, but I believe the AF on the Sony cams are the best so far. It would be better for you to try the cams out.

Not to mention live view...

thks all for the reply. appreciate it very much.

i will, cos i get tempted whenever i see those cam everytime
haha

Status
Not open for further replies.