Status
Not open for further replies.

rayz

Aug 3, 2004
North
rayztan.livejournal.com
Hi guys,

Need your valuable advise on photo printer and polaroid

The background is one of my friends approached me to help her(parent) with the sec sch prom night.

She is thinking of giving the students(200) a unique doorgift so that they can remember. A portrait photo of them on that day with a photo frame.

I want to print the photo on the spot and put it into the photo frame. I'll give it to them at the end of the prom night. Anyone of you know where I can loan/borrow the photo printer?

If I would to use polaroid willl it be better and cheaper. What are the considerations?

I'm doing this only to cover the cost of the production. Not earning anything... I want to help my fren to promote that prom night should be a good and healthy fun thingy and not a expensive affair. ;)

Thanks in advance~!:)

rayz said:
Hi guys,

Need your valuable advise on photo printer and polaroid

The background is one of my friends approached me to help her(parent) with the sec sch prom night.

She is thinking of giving the students(200) a unique doorgift so that they can remember. A portrait photo of them on that day with a photo frame.

I want to print the photo on the spot and put it into the photo frame. I'll give it to them at the end of the prom night. Anyone of you know where I can loan/borrow the photo printer?

If I would to use polaroid willl it be better and cheaper. What are the considerations?

I'm doing this only to cover the cost of the production. Not earning anything... I want to help my fren to promote that prom night should be a good and healthy fun thingy and not a expensive affair. ;)

Thanks in advance~!:)

The main thing is cost and time. How much do you have budgeted?

To save time, I would shoot the polaroid, possibly the Instax mini(credit card size) but the cost will be a little higher.

To save cost, you can get the same credit card size type paper, but you will need to borrow/rent a CP printer, a computer, a digital camera and someone to download and run the prints. But doing it this way takes time.

I have done something like this before so I am just letting you know what to expect.
Let me know if you need any more information or if I can help in anyway.

agreed with hondasleeper, done something similar also.

shoot with the Polaroid is faster.

self printing, if to print one print take 1 minute....... 200 students =200 minutes, that's 3 hours.

anyway, either one method are costly, shoot with Polaroid is expensive with film.

self printing you need at least a few persons, two shooting with cameras, two printing with notebook and printers, you need 3 or more printers to finish all the printing within one or two hours.

hondasleeper said:
The main thing is cost and time. How much do you have budgeted?

To save time, I would shoot the polaroid, possibly the Instax mini(credit card size) but the cost will be a little higher.

To save cost, you can get the same credit card size type paper, but you will need to borrow/rent a CP printer, a computer, a digital camera and someone to download and run the prints. But doing it this way takes time.

I have done something like this before so I am just letting you know what to expect.
Let me know if you need any more information or if I can help in anyway.

Thanks hondasleeper... :thumbsup:

can you roughly tell me how much do i expect to spend on all these? So that I can feedback to my fren.

I can use my lappy, camera and ask someone to help me with the prints. However, the CP printer... I will need to borrow/rent.

catchlights said:
agreed with hondasleeper, done something similar also.

shoot with the Polaroid is faster.

self printing, if to print one print take 1 minute....... 200 students =200 minutes, that's 3 hours.

anyway, either one method are costly, shoot with Polaroid is expensive with film.

self printing you need at least a few persons, two shooting with cameras, two printing with notebook and printers, you need 3 or more printers to finish all the printing within one or two hours.

Thanks catchlights for pointing out such considerations... really appreciate your pointers.

Manpower and resources I dun think I can have some many pple. Likelyhood, I shoot and my gf will help to print.

rayz said:
Thanks hondasleeper... :thumbsup:

can you roughly tell me how much do i expect to spend on all these? So that I can feedback to my fren.

I can use my lappy, camera and ask someone to help me with the prints. However, the CP printer... I will need to borrow/rent.

Polaroid is $1 something per photo excluding camera.

the CP printer method is about $0.30 per print excluding printer,
You need aleast 3 printers, or else perpare to print all the 200 prints till mid night still unable to finish.

Thanks again catchlights... :thumbsup:

Do you know how many pics can the CP printer print before changing the cartridge. How much does it cost for the photo paper and cartridges...

I think the CP credit card sized paper comes in a pack of, I believe 10, it does include the cartridge. Cost of the paper, go check with Cathay.

Again, if time, logistics and manpower is an issue, I would strongly suggest shooting polaroid.

hondasleeper said:
I think the CP credit card sized paper comes in a pack of, I believe 10, it does include the cartridge. Cost of the paper, go check with Cathay.

Again, if time, logistics and manpower is an issue, I would strongly suggest shooting polaroid.

Thanks hondasleeper... will go down and check.

:)

Thanks hondasleeper and catchlights... appreciate all your help... in the end, I can't take up the job... :(

I kena reservist during tt period... :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.