Advise on food stylist rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsphotography

Jan 31, 2008
Singapore
Hi there,

I am seeking some advise on the basic rates to hire a food stylist and their scope of work.

My client is looking to publish a recipe book. Beside hiring a food photographer they also requested a food stylist. They wanted the food stylist to help in presenting the food ready for the photographer to shoot.

There is no requirement to help with the ingredients, cooking and preparation.

I would appreciate some indication of per hr/half day and full day rate from medium skilled to top stylist. Thank you.

Also is there a need for set stylist?

Hi there,

I am seeking some advise on the basic rates to hire a food stylist and their scope of work.

My client is looking to publish a recipe book. Beside hiring a food photographer they also requested a food stylist. They wanted the food stylist to help in presenting the food ready for the photographer to shoot.

There is no requirement to help with the ingredients, cooking and preparation.

I would appreciate some indication of per hr/half day and full day rate from medium skilled to top stylist. Thank you.

Also is there a need for set stylist?

Food stylists do the plating up, that is they have the ability to arrange the food to maximise it's visual impact by translating the aroma and texture in to a 2D phtograph. They are responsible for the special effects used (ie making the food appear steaming hot etc). The top stylists usually have at least a degree in one of the culinary arts, are often ex chefs and can command serious money. Generally you can't hire them for less than a full day and that can cost several thousand dollars US if you go for a top quality stylist on the international market.

Thanks Ian.

It seems it is taking quite a while for the moderators to approve my service wanted posting. It's been a day.

So if any food stylists or anyone who know any food stylist please get in touch with me.

Cheers.

I know the top food stylist in sg is this lady called fanny and her qquote for full day is 5k..not sure if she has a website tho

I know the top food stylist in sg is this lady called fanny and her qquote for full day is 5k..not sure if she has a website tho

My guess is that is for a day's work. That's serious money. More than what a photographer charges, LOL. If you have her contact I would appreciate if you could PM me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.