advise on DSLR (2nd hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlac

Dec 9, 2004
Hiya gurus,

need some advise on looking for a 2nd hand dslr cam... tinkin of gettin the EOS 30D...

roughly how much wud it cost? anything to look out for?

Cheers

why not brand new...$2220

cos on budget ... :( and tink better start of wif 2nd hand and work my way up... me never own a SLR b4

nivlac said:
cos on budget ... :( and tink better start of wif 2nd hand and work my way up... me never own a SLR b4

btw...do you know what lens u going to use?

cause its not cheap...unless u have the cash...

nivlac said:
Hiya gurus,

need some advise on looking for a 2nd hand dslr cam... tinkin of gettin the EOS 30D...

Cheers

think 2nd hand 30Ds stil fetching quite high price, around 2k.

nivlac said:

You might wanna find a seoncd hand 20D since the prices for those seem to be crashing. Also make sure to bedget for a dry cabient and lenses, that would add roughly $200 - $1000 to your bedget depoending on what lens you want. Dry cabinets range fomr $99 - about $300 for the larger capacities. Of course you might wanna factor in a tripod. PPCP is seeling one for about $130 or so..

nivlac said:
Hiya gurus,

Cheers

why do u want the 30D in particular? because if you are a beginner, the 350D offers practically all the same functionality as the 30D and same picture quality. if you get it with the grip, then it also becomes quite balanced weight wise.

nivlac said:

I hope I have not offended you here. My opinion is that if you have never own a SLR or DSLR than why are you looking for a used 30D? Why 30D? :dunno:
This is a amature DSLR. I suggest considering a used 300D/350D with kit lens as a start.

I don't think there is any used 30D in the used market as it was only launched in Feb.:)

maybe look for a 20D instead? my fren had one and is happy using it....

I using nikon, so dont really know about it. but i remember my fren talking about getting a 30D for about 2.4K but i forget if it body only or kit.

happy getting one! remember the most important thing is to plan ur finances and dont regret after u get it!

300D/350D < oooo i oso duno which one i anyhow guess one so 30D is more advance 300D??

i tot 300D is newer keke

so how how much wud a 2nd hand 300D cost?

noooooooo........350D is better. can like that

350D
17-40L
70-200 4L or Sigma 70-200 2.8EX

and to get your timeline correct: 300D->350D->30D

i would recommend u get a brand new set from HK if u happen to be there for holiday, or got any frens tt can bring back for you..

FYI, for the price of a brand new 20D (i.e. abt $1,800 plus) in Spore, you can get a 30D in HK

satch said:
i would recommend u get a brand new set from HK if u happen to be there for holiday, or got any frens tt can bring back for you..

FYI, for the price of a brand new 20D (i.e. abt $1,800 plus) in Spore, you can get a 30D in HK

but warranty will not be valid in singapore, since most camera only comes with local warranty instead of international 1 ;)

17-40L

?? what are those no.? i know they refer to lens... do the kit lens let me zoom like 10x or 20x? sorry moi really super newbiee...

if my budget is < $1k
to incl a cam normal lens + 1 wide or zoom angle lens + spare batt + mem card and seems like need to buy the special dry cupboard to keep the slr?

tink can get a decent 350D? seems like most ppl selling it at $1.2k onwards... :(

nivlac said:
17-40L

?? what are those no.? i know they refer to lens... do the kit lens let me zoom like 10x or 20x? sorry moi really super newbiee...

if my budget is < $1k
to incl a cam normal lens + 1 wide or zoom angle lens + spare batt + mem card and seems like need to buy the special dry cupboard to keep the slr?

tink can get a decent 350D? seems like most ppl selling it at $1.2k onwards... :(

dont think u can get wat u want under 1K. a kit set will cost u more then 1K already. another zoom lens will cost u about 200-400. spare batt 40, mem card 90-120 depends wat u want.... dry cab another 100.....

think u got to think more....

going into DSLR is going into a system... it cost more! i dunno anyone that went into DSLR that spent less then 1.5K.... min 1K ba..... but i doubt

magic word.... try to google! or find in this forum...

nivlac said:
17-40L

if my budget is < $1k

if you got really no idea of the above lens 70-200 4L or Sigma 70-200 2.8EX, or any thing about kit lens, my suggestion is do a google search and read more about dSLR or buy some book that introduce about dSLR.
else when you buy the camera and doesn't know how to use or feel that it sucks becos of incomplete accessories/lens.

f my budget is < $1k
to incl a cam normal lens + 1 wide or zoom angle lens + spare batt + mem card and seems like need to buy the special dry cupboard to keep the slr? < near possible i would say. try looking for a D50 kit + maybe 55-200 + spare batt + mem card should be around $1200, i got a frend who got d50 kit + 55-200 + 1gb mem card at $1000, very good deal! :thumbsup:

nivlac said:
17-40L

if my budget is < $1k

i dont understand. u dont know what the numbers refer to , but where did you get them from in the first place?

in any event, these are high quality lenses. for the two canon ones, they come from the Luxury range.

if you are on a budget, sorry to say, but you shouldnt be looking at these lenses. there are decent third party equivalents out there, or canon'sconsumer grade lenses, that can do the job also.

but before you buy anything, i really suggest you read up more.

jdredd said:
i dont understand. u dont know what the numbers refer to , but where did you get them from in the first place?

in any event, these are high quality lenses. for the two canon ones, they come from the Luxury range.

if you are on a budget, sorry to say, but you shouldnt be looking at these lenses. there are decent third party equivalents out there, or canon'sconsumer grade lenses, that can do the job also.

but before you buy anything, i really suggest you read up more.

I just copied the numbers from another guru that replied earlier in the post.... thats why i asked what they refer to and meant?

so it is quite hard to get everything below 1k? someone oso mentioned D50 instead of 350D... how would these 2 compare? read the reivews on steve's website... seems like he recommeds both cams for beginners... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.