advise on decent and moderately priced CPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

waderbreak

Feb 2, 2009
Hi all

I'm looking to find an affordable and good quality circ polarizer. currently planning to get an UWA lens (canon 10-22) mid year and i think i'll likely use it for an overseas trip for about 4 months.

I read that slim filters are the way to go for UWAs but they cost a BOMB more, right? Does it matter if I get the normal one or should I stick to a slim CPL.:dunno:

I'm not sure what the average price range is for CPLs and whether it is directly related to quality. (ie high quality = higher price) or whether a moderate one is worth it. Hope to get some recommendations from you all on what I should get and where's a good place to get it. Thanks!

If you use UWA lens, you'll need a very slim polarizer. Last time I bought mine, Tokina brand seems to be pretty affordable. I got my 58mm for about $50+

Try MS Color at AMK Hub level 2

You can consider buying from MO Eugene. Good enough for 10-22

Hi all

I'm looking to find an affordable and good quality circ polarizer. currently planning to get an UWA lens (canon 10-22) mid year and i think i'll likely use it for an overseas trip for about 4 months.

I read that slim filters are the way to go for UWAs but they cost a BOMB more, right? Does it matter if I get the normal one or should I stick to a slim CPL.:dunno:

I'm not sure what the average price range is for CPLs and whether it is directly related to quality. (ie high quality = higher price) or whether a moderate one is worth it. Hope to get some recommendations from you all on what I should get and where's a good place to get it. Thanks!

Apart from the mechanical vignetting that can occur with thicker rim polarisers, do note that you can get uneven polarisation with such a wide focal length.

Ryan

Seconded, can leave dark streaks on your captures :(
Read about it, just do a simple search on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.