-Nikon D70 Body
-Nikon F80 Body + MB16
-Sigma 12-24mm
-Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSM
-Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
-Nikon 50mm f/1.8
-Sigma 2X Teleconverter
-Nikon SB600 Flash​

I am conisdering Lowepro Compu Trekker or Stealth Reporter 400/500 AW. Can these take all the above? :think: Or any other series or brand to recommend? :dunno:

here are pictures of how i pack my Canon stuffs in the Computrekker:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1123579&postcount=23

here is the 400AW:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1110322&postcount=19

hope they are useful to u.....

MexicanWave.gif

Fuji Olykon said:
Hi!

Need some advise from CSer on which Camera Bag to accomodate all the below:-

-Nikon D70 Body
-Nikon F80 Body + MB16
-Sigma 12-24mm
-Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSM
-Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
-Nikon 50mm f/1.8
-Sigma 2X Teleconverter
-Nikon SB600 Flash​

I am conisdering Lowepro Compu Trekker or Stealth Reporter 400/500 AW. Can these take all the above? :think: Or any other series or brand to recommend? :dunno:

quite a lot of gear to carry around ;p I have the Computrekker and it should be able to fit them. if you don't need the laptop pouch, consider the Minitrekker which would be slightly cheaper and smaller. There's also a Minitrekker with rollers that could relieve some stress on ur back if required but think it's quite a lot more expensive.

With so much gear, you should get a backpack-style bag to save your back, it's going to be heavy. And rather than a Computrekker, I'd recommend (as mpenza does) the Minitrekker classic, which will allow you to put your laptop in one of the front pockets as well. The Computrekker, IMHO, is heavier and bulkier without much additional value ... it gives your laptop padding, but that's also easily achieved by putting a strip of high density foam below the pocket where you have your laptop. Of course, if you're in a habit of throwing the bag around, then that won't help :bsmilie: ...

All the gear should fit without problems, and if you reconfigure the dividers a bit, you should be able to have the 70-200 & 28-75 mounted on both bodies (thus saving you time mucking around with the lenses when a photo op comes up).

The downside with backpacks is that you have to set them down before taking your gear out, but if you move around a fair bit, you'll appreciate the spreading of the load rather than having all the weight off one shoulder.

mpenza said:
quite a lot of gear to carry around ;p I have the Computrekker and it should be able to fit them. if you don't need the laptop pouch, consider the Minitrekker which would be slightly cheaper and smaller. There's also a Minitrekker with rollers that could relieve some stress on ur back if required but think it's quite a lot more expensive.

Considering the compu trekker over the mini trekker bcos of better shoulder padding. The difference is abt $20. Though not carrying laptop but can always place some accessories, eg. Towels, books, etc...

Also checked up the Rolling Mini Trekker but it is damn heavy :bigeyes: bcos of the trolly mechanism. hence will be putting more stress on yr shoulder instead. :sweat:

Tks for yr advise anyway. :)

Fuji Olykon said:
Considering the compu trekker over the mini trekker bcos of better shoulder padding. The difference is abt $20. Though not carrying laptop but can always place some accessories, eg. Towels, books, etc...

Also checked up the Rolling Mini Trekker but it is damn heavy :bigeyes: bcos of the trolly mechanism. hence will be putting more stress on yr shoulder instead. :sweat:

Tks for yr advise anyway. :)

Hi Fuji Olykon,

What is the price for the Lowepro compu trekker which you are considering? From CP??

Many thanks!!!

kktan said:
Hi Fuji Olykon,

What is the price for the Lowepro compu trekker which you are considering? From CP??

Many thanks!!!

Compu Trekker $145 vs Mini Trekker AW $125. Quotes from TK Photo.

Fuji Olykon said:
Compu Trekker $145 vs Mini Trekker AW $125. Quotes from TK Photo.

Hi Fuji Olykon,

Did you check out the different (in term of size, function and price) between the CompuTrekker and the CompuTrekker Plus AW? I'm interested in getting either one for myself in the very near future.

Many thanks and Cheers.......... ;)

kktan said:
Hi Fuji Olykon,

Did you check out the different (in term of size, function and price) between the CompuTrekker and the CompuTrekker Plus AW? I'm interested in getting either one for myself in the very near future.

Many thanks and Cheers.......... ;)

Price difference not sure, but the CT Plus is "BIG" (bigger than the nature trekker AW II) check it out at Lowepro website for the detail specs. CT Plus is too big for me anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.