advise needed

jieqian

May 11, 2010
Hi... i am going taiwan for holidays...but am unsure to bring both my 18-55 & 50-200 lens with me...just got a k-x...

pls advise...thks !!!

Hi... i am going taiwan for holidays...but am unsure to bring both my 18-55 & 50-200 lens with me...just got a k-x...

pls advise...thks !!!

18-55mm for landscape/city-scape
50-200mm for tw xmm:D

what is "tw xmm" ???

so you are suggesting i bring both ???

pls advise...thks !!!
Bring both. They won't take up much space but gives you enough coverage ;)

One for natural scenery made my nature ... the other for 'natural' scenery made by man (& woman!)

xmm - xiao mei mei - sweet pretty grils

18 - 55 : scenic vistas, landscapes
55 - 200 : xmm who are shy and coy, but you can zoom in from far to capture her beauty

... that is if you are traveling alone, and not with girlfriend or wife!

Hehehehe

Last edited:
One for natural scenery made my nature ... the other for 'natural' scenery made by man (& woman!)

xmm - xiao mei mei - sweet pretty grils

18 - 55 : scenic vistas, landscapes
55 - 200 : xmm who are shy and coy, but you can zoom in from far to capture her beauty

... that is if you are traveling alone, and not with girlfriend or wife!

Hehehehe

so it means actually 18-55 is more than enough ???

so it means actually 18-55 is more than enough ???

ooh, tt means you are going with girlfriend/wife right? :bsmilie:
the 55-200mm depends on where you are visiting. If you are visiting some farms then probably you can use it to zoom in at animals...or if you are visiting some fruit farms(the famous grape area), you can use the 55-200mm which can help to zoom in + render better subject isolation:)
*my more serious help:bsmilie:*

ooh, tt means you are going with girlfriend/wife right? :bsmilie:
the 55-200mm depends on where you are visiting. If you are visiting some farms then probably you can use it to zoom in at animals...or if you are visiting some fruit farms(the famous grape area), you can use the 55-200mm which can help to zoom in + render better subject isolation:)
*my more serious help:bsmilie:*

haha..."something like that"... thanks for your advise !!!
will consider bringing both in that case

Suggest you bring both lenses. Sometimes you do need the reach of the telephoto lens, e.g. shooting a small boat across the river, a small island out in the sea, some xmms when your wife not looking... etc. ;)

Suggest you bring both lenses. Sometimes you do need the reach of the telephoto lens, e.g. shooting a small boat across the river, a small island out in the sea, some xmms when your wife not looking... etc. ;)

cool advice:bsmilie:

haha..."something like that"... thanks for your advise !!!
will consider bringing both in that case

Bring both!!! Consider this... you are at the edge of a cliff... and at a far distant, you see a colourful fishing boat that you want to take with a beautiful sunset / cloud formation as its backdrop... Two options: Take it with your 18-55 and live with a puny boat in big wide blue ocean image... or walk a few steps away from the cliff towards the boat hoping that you can fly and take a closer shot while wishing that you had taken the 55-200 along with you for the trip...

But discreetly swap out card for that ... cos don't want her to find your private stash of digital pictures!

:bsmilie: I suddenly recall my cam has a "hide photos" feature tt I nv really bothered before:bsmilie: now I know it's purpose...

:bsmilie: I suddenly recall my cam has a "hide photos" feature tt I nv really bothered before:bsmilie: now I know it's purpose...

Die... now all the spouses who are reading the screen behind their hubby's back will now know the secret features... :bsmilie:

my advice... be discreet!!

Bring both. You never know when you are going to need the reach.

Cheers:)

I did Taipei last year using 10-20, 35, 85mm. 35mm saw the most usage. Did not really find anything lacking, though in hindsight I might swap the 85 with a 135.
You may still need the 55-200mm for some shots, so just bring it. At the most, you can leave it at the hotel after you have got an idea of what you need better when you are there for a few days.