Advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokieda

Mar 20, 2005
i have a panasonic FZ1 now and a D70 with kit lense only.

i love the super zoom of FZ1 but i need a bigger mp count for bigger prints.

should i get a FZ20 or a zoom lense for D70 bearing in mind i am on a budget and i also want image stabiliser? :embrass:

but its too much 2k for a lense!!! i dun think i can ever afford it..

tokieda said:

Then save up for a Dynax 7D.. Built-in anti-shake so every lense you mount is anti-shake..

Firefox said:
Then save up for a Dynax 7D.. Built-in anti-shake so every lense you mount is anti-shake..

the base is too x as well...2799 i believe

I wonder why you die die must get VR/IS/OIS etc technology. If you cannot even shoot without this, then you are just techno freaks. Yes they are good to have, but not 100% needed. I just saw beautiful pictures made by a Malaysian chief editor on a 70-300 (Canon?), beautiful pictures and they are shot on slides. If you shoot digital and able to review them first, dun tell me you do not have the advantage.

Get the 70-200/2.8 Sigma, it is the next best thing for $1000 or less 2nd hand. First hand is $1399.

If you're not ready to come into the DSLR system which requires long term investment of lenses that you will grow to need, then its best to get the FZ20 for now. It will provide all your general needs. Learn more about photography before getting serious about it. Don't worry about larger MP and print size. With a 3MP, an A4 size photo can be printed. A 5MP will easily get you A3. It's all in the post processing.

snowspeeder said:
If you're not ready to come into the DSLR system which requires long term investment of lenses that you will grow to need, then its best to get the FZ20 for now. It will provide all your general needs. Learn more about photography before getting serious about it. Don't worry about larger MP and print size. With a 3MP, an A4 size photo can be printed. A 5MP will easily get you A3. It's all in the post processing.

I second snowspeeder. I am one example! :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

tokieda said:

tokieda said:
the base is too x as well...2799 i believe

You have answered your own question.....if you want those lenses you have to prepare to pour more money into it. DSLR is not just the body + standard lens.....as you progress you will find there are situations where your current equipment will not meet your needs, that is where you will need to buy other lenses and accessories.

Getting an FZ20 may not be a solution for you as you now have a DSLR for comparison. There are good and bad points about FZ20. Depending on what's important to you some, the FZ20 may/may not meet your expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.