advise needed in tea ceremony ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
eikin said:
scarly i do it in japan how? you all got to fly there yourself leh :bsmilie:

anyway with quite a number of pros in NLPC, why not, shall we do it for DCA? :bsmilie: i think he's going to avoid us for a long time upon seeing this :bsmilie:

TFCD is take for CD ?
NLPC is northlander photography club ...
DCA is what ah ?

dennislim said:
waaa ... scary ...

if the photog for my wedding is first timer i more scared :bsmilie:

better take some time to practise what the masters have taught you, especially catchlights' tips, at least have some little experience before the big day, it's not easy to work with a 'wedding crowd' around

eikin said:
scarly i do it in japan how? you all got to fly there yourself leh :bsmilie:

anyway with quite a number of pros in NLPC, why not, shall we do it for DCA? :bsmilie: i think he's going to avoid us for a long time upon seeing this :bsmilie:
Are you sure? wedding in Japen is super EX you know? twenty years down the road you will still in debt.:eek:

DCA? great idea.:thumbsup:

eikin said:
if the photog for my wedding is first timer i more scared :bsmilie:

better take some time to practise what the masters have taught you, especially catchlights' tips, at least have some little experience before the big day, it's not easy to work with a 'wedding crowd' around

waaa ... if wedding dinner then i no confi ... tea ceremony got confidence la ... eh ... encourage leh ... don't pour cold water :sob:

think what AhV said is correct .. I worry too much lolz ... must bring my confdence back =P

dennislim said:
waaa ... if wedding dinner then i no confi ... tea ceremony got confidence la ... eh ... encourage leh ... don't pour cold water :sob:

think what AhV said is correct .. I worry too much lolz ... must bring my confdence back =P

:bsmilie:

ok lah, you've taken the job liao, no chance to balek, just be sure to practise, this one i am serious, show your confidence, but must pre-empt possible problems also. lighting control very important, if all else fail just switch to P mode, having more normal pictures of important moments is better than perfecting the techinical parts.

eikin said:
:bsmilie:

ok lah, you've taken the job liao, no chance to balek, just be sure to practise, this one i am serious, show your confidence, but must pre-empt possible problems also. lighting control very important, if all else fail just switch to P mode, having more normal pictures of important moments is better than perfecting the techinical parts.

i was thinking of shooting in Av mode ... f5.6 - 6.3

dennislim said:

Think ahead, act fast.

Try to get it right at site, bang a few test shots before hand to check. don't shoot under or over 2 stops and think how to save it in photoshop.

Don't be to ambitious, get the basic shots first, try other angles when is free and available.

dennislim said:
i was thinking of shooting in Av mode ... f5.6 - 6.3

that one i cannot comment cos my experience very shallow, from what i know in event coverage, if you just don't seem to get things to appear right after a couple of shots always put to P and let the camera handle the rest, this is to prevent your nervousness from ruining the rest of the coverage. when there's a break time then slowly figure out what went wrong.

catchlights said:
Think ahead, act fast.

Try to get it right at site, bang a few test shots before hand to check. don't shoot under or over 2 stops and think how to save it in photoshop.

Don't be to ambitious, get the basic shots first, try other angles when is free and available.

was intending to set
exposure compensation to 0
flash compensation to +1/3 w/diffuser
isa 400 - 800
f5.6 - 6.3
shoot in jpeg ...

is it ok ?

eikin said:
that one i cannot comment cos my experience very shallow, from what i know in event coverage, if you just don't seem to get things to appear right after a couple of shots always put to P and let the camera handle the rest, this is to prevent your nervousness from ruining the rest of the coverage. when there's a break time then slowly figure out what went wrong.

yup this point i know =) been there done that =)

dennislim said:
was intending to set
isa 400 - 800
f5.6 - 6.3
shoot in jpeg ...

is it ok ?

don't know how to answer you, every event scene calls for different requirement, there's no ok or not ok, this type of things have to learn through experience ... practise, practise, having some practise will definitely help

dennislim said:
was intending to set
isa 400 - 800
f5.6 - 6.3
shoot in jpeg ...

is it ok ?
f8, be there. :bsmilie:

anyway, depend on what gear you use, basically is ISO 400 for indoor, 100 or 200 for outdoor, flash comensation is depand how the images turn out, f5.6~8 for most general shots, shoot in jpg is fine, shoot in RAW also can, if you have the enough resources to handle the raw files.

dennislim said:
u sure ?

facing the chairs ... the female should sit to the left and males to the right ...

facing the chairs ... the groom should be also to the right female to the left ...

correct ?

am i sure, yes they will ask this question and assume that you know better than them

first apply the rules, then learn how to break them.

the rules have been listed here, so after u've done a few, let's see how u can break them. :)

Haha, i read already, I feel the heat for u, but I believe u can do it. Good luck! :)

dennislim said:
Hi guys/gals,

will be helping a friend of mine to cover the wedding tea ceremony at one of their houses ... and was wondering what do i need to look out for ... and what type of shots will be appropriate ...
would be using 20D + 17-40L and external flash =)

hehe .... you worry too much le, since you are using the 20D, you just insert a 1G memory card, keep snapping ... shoot at least 30 photo for each couple/relatives/elder ... sure have a few can show people one wor .... :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.