Advise needed for Kit

XxboxX

Dec 26, 2006
Hi all,

will like to seek advise that does it advisable to get kit len or buy separately.
Looking at 600D, just wonder to get body alone or kit len?
I am just a newbie,1st into DSLR..
Thanks in advance.

Unless you know what you want, else the kit is usually sufficient for alot of use. I think it comes with either 18-55 or 18-135, either options are fine..

btw, in case you are thinking, you can't use the body alone without any lens...

the kit lense is definitely useful enough n better than what most ppl think of as "kit lense".

i would go for the 18-135

Get either one of the kit lenses, I would recommend the 18-135 for its reach. There is a reason why camera makers offer a bundle with a kit lens for beginners. Get other lenses once you know why you need them.

Lens*

The only reason why u would buy a body alone without kit lens is when u already have lenses to use.

Even so, you can still buy the kit bundle, and sell away the kit lens (thou the sale potential may not be that great) for a higher price than the difference between kit n body-only price.

Haha. I thought you needed advice exclusively from our Club Snap senior member, Kit.

I don't see a problem with the kit lenses. Do you?

Alright, now i got clearer picture after you guys explained!

Thank you!

I would also advise you to get the 600D with the kit lens, but instead of the 18-135mm, I would go for the 18-55mm + 55-250mm lens.

I believe that the 18-55mm lens' IQ is good enough for lots of use and with the 55-250mm (sometime you get purchase with purchase price), the entire bundle might cost the same or slightly cheaper or more expensive when compared to the 18-135mm kit/ With that combination, you get both the width needed (18mm) and the length needed (250mm).

I started off with that combination for quite sometime before upgrading the lens to a 70-200mm f4L.

yup agree...juz get with the kit 18-135
...then oso grap the cheapo nifty fifty. enough for a start.