advise for indoor event...

matjepun

Mar 19, 2009
A place I call home
Im taking an indoor event tomorrow evening...

Its a simple group performance...
Can anyone advice any good tips... (composition, lighting,etc...)

thank in advance...

Im taking an indoor event tomorrow evening...

Its a simple group performance...
Can anyone advice any good tips... (composition, lighting,etc...)

thank in advance...
what equipment do you have to work with?

very blur from your description of your event, type of performance . . . if it is indoor, you may wish to up your ISO. Shuttle priority mode if the performance is very fast etc . . .

but i believe you have chance to try out some shoots on the spot to have a good gauge the type of mode and setting that you can use.

Cheers. :)

Its a group percussion performance... i can foresee that the lighting gonna be bad.. my concern is DOF vs Speed... But yet again..need to play ard with ISO...

How about composition?? any ideas..

performance will be in a hall.. mostly seated on the floor..

dont worry too much about the settings now... i advice you to go earlier to test out.. even better if you can catch them in their rehearsal, then you can practice..

as for DOP vs speed... you can avoid the clash by framing your photos such that they are mainly tightly cropped, so one or two person in focus, or you can just up your iso to as best as can be.. then lower ur aperture abit so got deeper depth of field...

dont worry too much about the settings now... i advice you to go earlier to test out.. even better if you can catch them in their rehearsal, then you can practice..

as for DOP vs speed... you can avoid the clash by framing your photos such that they are mainly tightly cropped, so one or two person in focus, or you can just up your iso to as best as can be.. then lower ur aperture abit so got deeper depth of field...

Thanks.. for the advise... :)

From my experience, you only have 2 windows of opportunity to get the shots you want.

during the full dress rehearsal itself when most likely no one will care if you use flash or get onstage and right in front of the subjects and during the actual performance when you are limited where you can shoot so make those rehearsal shoots count. Be sure to get the performers + audience if possible.

you may need a 70-200mm f/2.8 just in case the actual day cannot shoot from front so need to shoot from back.

From my experience, you only have 2 windows of opportunity to get the shots you want.

during the full dress rehearsal itself when most likely no one will care if you use flash or get onstage and right in front of the subjects and during the actual performance when you are limited where you can shoot so make those rehearsal shoots count. Be sure to get the performers + audience if possible.

you may need a 70-200mm f/2.8 just in case the actual day cannot shoot from front so need to shoot from back.

well his equipments are more than sufficient thats for sure. if flash is allowed, use and abuse it. or else just up the iso. there isntmuch u can really do.