Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Guys/gals,

How much should one spend for such special occasion :embrass:

Never really thought about it till now :sweat: How much is the one from Tiffany?

Please advise, Thanks :)

Wah, congratulations! Why not just get one that you both like that is within your budget? Must there be an "appropriate" amount?

I read somewhere in the papers years back regarding wedding rings. It says to get one which costs roughly one month's pay. In this way, the ring should fit the budget of the groom. My 2 cents...

From a gals' point of view, as long as you've spent some time reading up and hopping from one jewellery shop to the next finding a unique one which spoke to you, she'll love it!

Btw, Tiffany is passe. If you're in Melbourne, scour the jewellers a little, you'd be surprised at what gems they hide :)

Any amount you are comfortable with.
If she mind that it isn't an expensive one then it's still not too late

that's remind me of something..

woman says: diamond are forever......

man says: ..................take forever to pay

that's remind me of something..

woman says: diamond are forever......

man says: ..................take forever to pay

Only if he lets himself

Guys/gals,

How much should one spend for such special occasion :embrass:

Never really thought about it till now :sweat: How much is the one from Tiffany?

Please advise, Thanks

Long time no see you and sudden appear asking for advise for engagement rings .....

I thought engagement was only for my parent generation ..... :think:

Congratulation .... who is the lucky one? :)

Buy what you can afford ... you wouldn't want to be in debt after your engagement right ... ;)

So cunning! :bsmilie:

Not call cunning. Is call smart. Cos when it comes to something personal like an engagement ring, if she somehow likes a Tiffany & Co. one, even if you get her a high end Lee Hwa or Soo Kee, she might not be completely satisfied with it.

But then again, not everyone thinks that way lah. There are many who will like any kind of ring you buy for her, like how Homer Simpson proposed to Marge with an onion ring. :bsmilie:

I've heard the "1-month" guideline as well... which goes to show the best time to get married is during NS... ;p

I've heard the "1-month" guideline as well... which goes to show the best time to get married is during NS... ;p

Genius!:thumbsup:

I think now is 2-3months leh.

I just read it here leh...http://www.engagementringguide.com/budget.htm.

So what is your budget? Tiffany&Co is not impossible unless your budget is like 1-2k. I think 3.5k maybe even possible. But of course you will have to take a smaller diamond too. Probably .2carat with a weak color and clarity. If you have the dough, a 0.5carat with decent color and clarity would be in 7-9k region. Alternatively, if you head down to our Local Jewelers, for the same prices, you probably can get better diamonds.

That brings me to my next point, All diamonds are rate according to Carat, Color and Clarity. Carat would be the size. Color is rated by alphabets with D being the highest, Clarity is how clear the diamond is and the ratings are usually like from Fl(flawless) to VS( Very Small inclusions). There is also the cut of diamond which would be the shape.

So think about it, what is more important? The brand or the market value? You are probably not going to pawn or re-sell your engagement ring unless something bad happens. Don't overspend as well.

my recruit pay is only $90.00, yes, ninety SG dollars per month!! who will want to marry me at that time?? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yes, please note your own budget. Get something within your means because if not it will become a burden to yourself. Not to forget you still have to save up for your wedding ceremony and dinner. Suggest you write down all your expense items to keep yourself within your budget. I do have it in a spreadsheet, can email to you if you need, just pm me.

Trust me it's not going to be cheap even for a simple one. I just had mine wedding in Jan this year and it was difinitely expensive but luckily I wrote down my expenses and kept everything within budget.

If you want to get an engagement ring from Tiffany be prepared to fork out at least $3K because below that you get diamonds that are poor in quality, this is from my own experience. Really heart pain man. But I am sure your financee will be very happy.

Just my 2cents worth.

I'm from the old school...maybe juz go to a jewelery shop and buy a plain gold ring...solid gold...budget for the ring depends on my affordability...so long as its meaningful and do not burden me;)

I'm from the old school...maybe juz go to a jewelery shop and buy a plain gold ring...solid gold...budget for the ring depends on my affordability...so long as its meaningful and do not burden me;)

Gold ring is for when married ler..
Diamond for proposing.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.