Advise / Comments on SIGMA 50-500mm APO

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Hi Al & Greetings to Seniors,

I am considering the above lens, and would like some expert feedback on its quality and performance.

Your kind information will be much appreciated.

Regards,

CJ

.. err... yes I have examined it at the shop, and it is indeed hefty, but I a curious about its performance. So, I am wondering if anyone in here has one, and can tell me if it is worth the investment - coz, I think it can save me a lot of walking around.

Regards,

CJ

So far the only person that have this len is ninelives. But his is a Minolta mount. The cost is abt S$1.6K-S$1.65K. Pic quality is not bad

The main thing is that for that price, you can get a 500mm zoom which is value for money. The F-stops is 4-6.3 which at 500/6.3, still make focus possible with enough light.

I have oso tried out the Nikon mount and find that the HSM on the len is silent and fast. Ckiang, Fundee, Kongg and a few others were there too. Have not try the Canon Mount version.

The weight might prove to be a problem if you are not use to it(~1.6kg) and at F/6.3, it not that fast too but what you pay is what you get.

Overall, a good len to have.

Just my $0.02

Thanks Bluestrike,

I am refering to the Minolta mount model of the 50-500mm SIGMA, and I trust the HSM is pleasantly quiet.

But you said it is slow ? Would this be in terms of AF motor , or widest f-number? I can't think that I'd spend more than 2k for a 500mm-er , I was however quoted S$1,750.00 by ALAN PHOTO at SLS.

What you think ? And where were you given this qupte of S$1.6K ? I'd like yo go there instead..

Regards,

CJ

Like I said, the price is abt there not at that price.
Try John 3:16 or Fotoguide. AP must go with the rite people.

The minolta, you must ask 9lives liao... speaking of which..
Where have he gone to nowadays...........

Switch to canon and I give you the lense for free ;)

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Eh, I switch can get lens or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.