Advise / Comments on SIGMA 50-500mm APO

Status
Not open for further replies.

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Hi Al & Greetings to Seniors,

I am considering the above lens, and would like some expert feedback on its quality and performance.

Your kind information will be much appreciated.

Regards,

CJ

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
.. err... yes I have examined it at the shop, and it is indeed hefty, but I a curious about its performance. So, I am wondering if anyone in here has one, and can tell me if it is worth the investment - coz, I think it can save me a lot of walking around.

Regards,

CJ

Bluestrike

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
So far the only person that have this len is ninelives. But his is a Minolta mount. The cost is abt S$1.6K-S$1.65K. Pic quality is not bad

The main thing is that for that price, you can get a 500mm zoom which is value for money. The F-stops is 4-6.3 which at 500/6.3, still make focus possible with enough light.

I have oso tried out the Nikon mount and find that the HSM on the len is silent and fast. Ckiang, Fundee, Kongg and a few others were there too. Have not try the Canon Mount version.

The weight might prove to be a problem if you are not use to it(~1.6kg) and at F/6.3, it not that fast too but what you pay is what you get.

Overall, a good len to have.

Just my $0.02

spilot

May 4, 2002
Jurong West Extension
Visit site
Thanks Bluestrike,

I am refering to the Minolta mount model of the 50-500mm SIGMA, and I trust the HSM is pleasantly quiet.

But you said it is slow ? Would this be in terms of AF motor , or widest f-number? I can't think that I'd spend more than 2k for a 500mm-er , I was however quoted S$1,750.00 by ALAN PHOTO at SLS.

What you think ? And where were you given this qupte of S$1.6K ? I'd like yo go there instead..

Regards,

CJ

Bluestrike

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
Like I said, the price is abt there not at that price.
Try John 3:16 or Fotoguide. AP must go with the rite people.

The minolta, you must ask 9lives liao... speaking of which..
Where have he gone to nowadays...........

Klause

Jan 17, 2002
Bedok
Visit site
Switch to canon and I give you the lense for free ;)

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom