Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen siung

May 21, 2008
Hi all,

From my limited understanding, the best time visiting Beijing is in autumn (roughly late Sept to Early Nov), and follow by Spring (roughly April - May).

However, there could be a possibility where I need to go Shanghai next year in late June (cannot change other date). I was wondering is it worth going Beijing at that time (mid June) before going to Shanghai, considering the weather might become very hot already.

Thus my question is: is the weather of Beijing in mid June unbearable (hot)? I mean the level of hot similar to HK in July, or the hottest time in Sg.

Thanks.

it is still comfortable in June ....... Jul thru Sep is like a furnace there

but with global warming, these traditional periods could see shifts

Last edited:
it is still comfortable in June ....... Jul thru Sep is like a furnace there

but with global warming, these traditional periods could see shifts

Thanks for the info
Found out from Wikipedia, the weather of Bejing in June is slightly better then in July...

Would appreciate more CSer who have been to Bejing in June, to share their opinion.

Thanks

I never go in June (maybe in transit but not visiting) but did visit in April, August... June should be pretty good but getting warm.. April is pretty good weather but less scenic as some of the landscape are just blooming after the harsh winter...

I stayed in BJ from Apr to Nov before...

Apr-May still abit cooling, but got sand storm...

jun onwards..starting to get hot...
end jun, early jul.....the hot is getting near(or some time higher) to SG standard, but feel more stuffy cos its dry there...

mid jul onwards...its always officially 40degree during weekend....but during weekends its more than 40degree ,
reason very simple, in china...ppl can officially no need to work if temp above 40degree....so weekday is always max at "40"...:)

but than..if you are just going 2-3days...dun bother with it lah...just go and enjoy a hot stuffy summer....haha

I never go in June (maybe in transit but not visiting) but did visit in April, August... June should be pretty good but getting warm.. April is pretty good weather but less scenic as some of the landscape are just blooming after the harsh winter...

Thanks for the info

end jun, early jul.....the hot is getting near(or some time higher) to SG standard, but feel more stuffy cos its dry there...

mid jul onwards...its always officially 40degree during weekend....but during weekends its more than 40degree ,
reason very simple, in china...ppl can officially no need to work if temp above 40degree....so weekday is always max at "40"...:)

I guess you mean 40 C for weekdays ;) Yes I heard about this before.
Thanks for the info

June is still fine.

But avoid BJ in late July till mid Sept. Hot as hell.

but than..if you are just going 2-3days...dun bother with it lah...just go and enjoy a hot stuffy summer....haha

Actually it is 42 deg C. The official no-work temperature is 42. But usually they report it as 39 on weekdays. It is the same all over china, Chongqing especially, at one time my thermometer read 52 deg C and the weather report says 39.

actually SHA is also hot like hell during these period....

I am planning to go Beijing in March ..is it still Winter?:D

this is when the snow started to melt....its already spring.....but still cold...

one thing to look out for...this is when the sand storm will occur....the sky will turn yellow, instead of grey....

Status
Not open for further replies.