Advisable on Redang Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

n77d

Jun 19, 2004
Hi guys,

I will be going to Redang Island tomorrow night, I know it a bit late to ask now but just wondering is it advisable to bring my DSLR or just a normal DC will do? Because I heard from my colleague that the sea water will cause rust to my len if does not handle properly. Or is there any precaution to take note of? :dunno:

Bring your DSLR. Can take nice pic of the landscape, beach. Remember to wake up early and take the sun rise.

Buy an underwater camera if you want to take the fishes. no point using your expansive DSLR or even digicam. The result woul never be nice. So take the pic for record only.

Just do a proper clean up the body and lens after you get back to your room everyday, your cam will survive the salted air / water without any problem!

:D

Been there, my DSLR is fine. Just take good care of it. Where will you be staying? I saty at the Berjaya resort.. very quite but like the peace there. :D

AReality said:
Bring both.
U'll never regret.
Dun ask me why. By experience.
Bring both.

ya... bring dslr and a camera that even drop into water also won't heart break one ie slr, compact film or even those $12 underwater camera

You didn't say what your trip was for, but if you want to go there primarily to get good images, then by all means bring your pro gear, but if you want to enjoy yourself without worrying about your equipment, why not just get something simple (eg. a splashproof film P&S) ?

If you are going diving, then you probably have to leave your camera with the dive shop on shore (recommend not to leave camera in your hotel room esp if you are staying in those shared bunk room with at least 5 other people), or on the boat. If the latter, be careful of water slashing on the camera.

Be careful of taking photos on boat, because you never know when the big wave is coming. I have dive mates knocking their $X lens against the boat's railings, digicam cam dropped into sea when guy lost balance etc.

I usually bring my C-5050Z and UW casing to the beaches and to diving trips at Pulua Tioman, Pulua Aur and Redang etc.

Sunset and sunrise at great, especially at Redang. Bring along ND filters & tripod for long exposure shots. Beach shots (coming waves in the golden evening sun rays..)

Thanks guys for the feedback. After seeing all the replies, I will definately bring my DSLR along. Hopefully my pictures turns out nice enough so i can posts some for you all to see. :D

n77d said:
Thanks guys for the feedback. After seeing all the replies, I will definately bring my DSLR along. Hopefully my pictures turns out nice enough so i can posts some for you all to see. :D

Enjoy your trip... Hope to see your photo here.

Hi..sorry to barge into this thread...but I just wan to check something wif u guys...

so using ur cam (P&S or SLR) near the sea may damage ur cam if nt clean up properly?...I mean will the salt deposit on the lens?....so how do we clean up the lens?..just use blower?....

thanks for any help~! :)

scramblur11 said:
Hi..sorry to barge into this thread...but I just wan to check something wif u guys...

so using ur cam (P&S or SLR) near the sea may damage ur cam if nt clean up properly?...I mean will the salt deposit on the lens?....so how do we clean up the lens?..just use blower?....

thanks for any help~! :)

Yes ,man , can any one please tell us how to clean the camera, i am very new to this , thanks a lot for the information!

jason49 said:
Yes ,man , can any one please tell us how to clean the camera, i am very new to this , thanks a lot for the information!
The usual. Use a lightly moist cloth. I use cotton bud to clean fine groove. For me I tried not to change the lens, unless I really need to. So a 28-200mm tele will be a good choice.

How abt the lens itself?..how do we know actually if salt has already deposited on the lens?...and if dun clean wat will happen huh?....

does tat mean tat everytime aft I take pic at east coast I will need to clean the lens liao?...

sorry for so many qns....thks for any inputs~!!

Status
Not open for further replies.