Advices? Starhub Maxonline to Singnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Wondering if it's worth it to change over to Singnet?

Reason being, i am abit disappointed by Starhub over and over again. Their Customer service ain't good.

Now it seems Singnet is on the upper hand, and the plans they have seems cool

Currently using Maxonline 2000 (last time no different types till now they put me in this cat. :sweat: ) and am looking at Singnet's 10mbps !! hehee... Not forgetting the freebies they giving is tempting !!

haha feel free to give me suggestions :)

that means a downgrade. don't be stupid.

A downgrade? Anyway, they are giving away the ibook if you sign up the 10mbps plan for 3 yrs.

3 yrs is a killer. i was thinking of the 3 months plan. :bsmilie:
what attracts me is the upstream speed, so i can upload/download files from and to my home and office. :)

be it starhub or singnet, don't tie yourself down for too long a contract... no bargain power.

So what's wrong with the maxonline2000 you are not happy about that the customer service cannot help?

West_ray said:
new competitors are on the way ... :)
wireless? hmmm. still wondering if its gonna be islandwide wireless. :dunno:

Drudkh said:
3 yrs is a killer. i was thinking of the 3 months plan. :bsmilie:
what attracts me is the upstream speed, so i can upload/download files from and to my home and office. :)

i dont like singnet, but if u do your maths

ibook + wireless mouse + wireless modem = cost at least $2000 if u buy outside

$88 x 36 = $3168

so u are paying $3168 = $2000 = $1168 for 36mths of internet

that's only $32.4 per mth!!

if u are planning to get an ibook anyway, i will say it is a good deal

Currently Using Starhub Boardband, tempted to use the 10mbps with the free ibook, but how's the ibook? How much can i get if purchase from apple centre? any idea? Never use apple computer before any problem foresee?
Those who can answer kindly help!!:thumbsup:

Wai said:
i dont like singnet, but if u do your maths

ibook + wireless mouse + wireless modem = cost at least $2000 if u buy outside

$88 x 36 = $3168

so u are paying $3168 = $2000 = $1168 for 36mths of internet

that's only $32.4 per mth!!

if u are planning to get an ibook anyway, i will say it is a good deal

that depends on the specs of the ibook... sekali 1.3ghz ibook with a 128 or 256mb ram, 20g hdd, ho say liao... force you to upgrade...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
that depends on the specs of the ibook... sekali 1.8ghz ibook with a 128 or 256mb ram, 20g hdd, ho say liao... force you to upgrade...

it is the latest 1.33Ghz model, by default it comes with 512MB build in, 40GB hard disk, with extra features like BT and Wifi....NEW Radeon 9550 GPU

the one i am using now only 1.2Ghz, 256MB build in, 30GB HDD, Radoen 9200 and NO BT :(

Wai said:
http://www.apple.com.sg/store

posting this msg using ibook now

Thank you for the update.
Here are the spec.

1.33GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache @1.33GHz
512MB memory (DDR333 SDRAM)
12.1-inch TFT Display
1024x768 resolution
ATI Mobility Radeon 9550
32MB DDR video memory
40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
Built-in AirPort Extreme
Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Scrolling Trackpad
Sudden Motion Sensor
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No harm getting this offer..Must act fast liao.:lovegrin:

singnet running on tel wires i suppose? i was previously on singtel.. then hopped over to pac net.. becos all running on the same tel wire, the quality of connection sucks and keeps dropping becos of recent construction (so says the CSO). Now using cable no more line dropouts..

yanyewkay said:
singnet running on tel wires i suppose? i was previously on singtel.. then hopped over to pac net.. becos all running on the same tel wire, the quality of connection sucks and keeps dropping becos of recent construction (so says the CSO). Now using cable no more line dropouts..

Wonder wireless will have this problem or not.:dunno:

The problem with ADSL is that it depends on telephone wires (POTS) rather than cable, and there's a lot of BAD wiring out there. Granted my experience with ADSL was very early on (1998 or so) but it was quite a pain (especially the configuration part). I somehow doubt things have improved much. Cable has been very convenient - just plug in. Any problem just switch off and switch on again. I have not had to think about my internet connection for quite a few years. That says a lot. It's a bit slow sometimes, but nothing I can't handle. Reliability is more important to me than sheer speed.

StreetShooter said:
The problem with ADSL is that it depends on telephone wires (POTS) rather than cable, and there's a lot of BAD wiring out there. Granted my experience with ADSL was very early on (1998 or so) but it was quite a pain (especially the configuration part). I somehow doubt things have improved much. Cable has been very convenient - just plug in. Any problem just switch off and switch on again. I have not had to think about my internet connection for quite a few years. That says a lot. It's a bit slow sometimes, but nothing I can't handle. Reliability is more important to me than sheer speed.
Yes! I totally agree! Been a subscriber since $35 era. ;p

Drudkh said:
Yes! I totally agree! Been a subscriber since $35 era. ;p

So do it mean ASDL suck and Cable rules...
But Starhub promo. very lousy leh..:thumbsd:

amospi said:
So do it mean ASDL suck and Cable rules...
But Starhub promo. very lousy leh..:thumbsd:
no. they are both the same.
starhub is convenient once your cable modem's MAC address is registered in their database, and you're ready to surf just like plug-n-play (provided you have built-in NIC on your motherboard or a PCI NIC using generic drivers or Windows already has the drivers). Its a breeze. Customer support although sux but at least its 24 hrs.

Sometimes surfing can be real slow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.