Apr 2, 2004
West
angielique.deviantart.com
Hi!! I need advice! :sweatsm:
Looking for a digicam that
- is not bulky nor heavy
- have manual controls
- good image quality

Narrowed down to Minolta Dimage F100/F200 and Canon Ixus 400. Would like some opinions on this 2 cameras!! Thanks!! ;)

Frankly... you should go and test both cameras out first, see which one you'd prefer more.

I think the Ixus 400 doesn't come with manual controls. But the size is good for ladies & pockets.

Slim & manual I think the Sony V-1 does fit the bill.

espn said:
Frankly... you should go and test both cameras out first, see which one you'd prefer more.

I think the Ixus 400 doesn't come with manual controls. But the size is good for ladies & pockets.

Sony V-1 will generate a big bill too!! :D

espn said:

Yes. Sony V1 will be ideal.
I am using a V1. The only disadvantage that I can think of is that it is power hungry. other than that..I like all other aspects of it.
:thumbsup:

kiwiwi said:
Hi!! I need advice! :sweatsm:
Looking for a digicam that
- is not bulky nor heavy
- have manual controls
- good image quality

Narrowed down to Minolta Dimage F100/F200 and Canon Ixus 400. Would like some opinions on this 2 cameras!! Thanks!! ;)

Contax TVS Digital is a very good digital camera and small to pocket it around. But the price is more on the ex side.

Don't really recommend Canon Ixus 400 cos it doesn't come with manual controls. It's really more of a point and shoot dc. If you don't mind the slightly bulky shape, Canon A80 seems to fit your requirements more. I'm using canon s50, which is slim and comes with manual controls though the setbacks are that it doesn't come with a hotshoe (for me to add additional flash) and its inability to add lenses (unless obtain adaptor).

kiwiwi said:
Hmm... How is the image quality for S50??

It suits me fine as a newbie but think Canon A80 is more popular here cos:

a) flippable LCD
b) same manual controls and in addition, can add lenses!
c) lower price (think its $660++?) as compared to s50 (think it's now in range of $700+++?)

can also go read the reviews at Steve's digicam or dpreview etc. just my 0.02 cents :)

Minolta Dimage A2

7X Optical APO GT Zoom Lens
Manual zooming ring
8.3 pixels
can use External flashes

i really hope you will find a good cam soon
good luck ;) :)

I would recommend the A80 or the S45 or S50. All these are from Canon, good range of manual controls and should be within your budget. I used a S45 before, the controls are quite simple to use. Go for the A80 if you wanted to add extra accessories later(eg wide angle lens, tele lens etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.