advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

adum

Nov 7, 2004
potong pasir
Hey guys,

I am new to photography. Last exp was with analogue long time ago. Going to get a Digi cam to start snapping away again. Need some advises with rgds to getting one.. I am keen on lifestyle and lanscape shooting. Looking at one with IS function, good zoom qualities, good batt life and good flash, cuz dun think going to get flash right from start (though a hoeshoe may be essential) Px ceiling not more than 800-900. Ard 5 MP. Any recommendations? Was looking at the LumiXFZ20, Dimage Z3 and some Canon and Nikon Coolpix models....Thanks. ;)

IS - canon
VR - Nikon
OIS - Panasonic

diff names for diff brands...if talking about prosumers....for canon and nikon those with build in IS or VR all quite costly lo...

hmmm wheres a good place to get a lumix? any recommendations?
and how about the Z3? is it a solid piece piece of equipment for newbies?

any idea whether any major camera sales or expo coming up? thanks...
its great tht clubsnap has like numerous outings organised. was reading GRAIN the other day, some back dated issue and there was this writeup on this portal.. was overwhelmingly impressed.....nice and friendly community.

Witness said:
IS - canon
VR - Nikon
OIS - Panasonic

diff names for diff brands...if talking about prosumers....for canon and nikon those with build in IS or VR all quite costly lo...

Hey thks... so for canon or nikon, which would model out of the two brands would u recommend for a newbie like me? thks!

huh....i am a nikon biased user haha...but models with the VR and IS functions only got a few if i am not mistaken..

nikon 8800...with built in VR...ard 1.7++k
canon powershot pro 1 got IS rite??? 1k odd....not sure about canon stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.